Saturday, August 31, 2013

1st Game of the Season Baby (Sneak Peak)

Ladies and gentlemen the time has come for Collegeeeeeeeeeee Footballlllllll!!! Let the tailgating commence and the good times begin. I can't wait to get to good ole Statesboro, GA. The home of the Georgia Southern Eagles and "Whose House??"...""Our House"!! To give you just a little sneak peak into the weekend ahead I've decided to share an awesome tailgating recipe with you for HASH BROWN CASSEROLE. No it's not a skinny recipe but, oh dear Lord almighty from whom all blessings flow, it is better than Luke Bryan in sparkly skinny jeans!! But first lookie, lookie at my outfit...
Shoes-Payless, Dress-Target
Jacket-Old Navy, Neckace-Etsy
Fossil Watch-Belk, John Wind Bracelet-Online
Thought about taking the cowgirl boots
out to make it a TRUE BLUE Southern  girl
outfit but y'all it's just dang too hot!! 

Hash Brown Casserole
Ingredients:
-2 pounds frozen hash browns
-1/2 cup butter
-1 can cream of chicken
-1 pint sour cream
-1/2 cup chopped onion
-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
-1 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon pepper

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350. Mix all above ingredients in a bowl. Spray 11x14 casserole dish and pour in mixture. Bake for 45-50 minutes. These are my kind of instructions! 



I'm so proud of my Eagle cookies. My little sister Taddies found the recipe and helped me make them. They turned out too cute!! 

I am so excited about seeing all of my besties and making memories. We always have a blast together but as always I'm going to be honest with you guys. This time last year I was 11 pounds lighter and have felt a little bummed about it this week. BUT I could have been 36 pounds heavier and I am so proud of myself for getting my act together. I hope that by the end of football season I can be down another 25 pounds. I am making the CHOICE to have fun and know that I WILL get there!! Better go get dressed. We are leaving for the 1st Game of the season in less than 1 hour...yeeeeek!!!
See all you pretty girls soon!! 
We will all be thinking about you today
JP. Miss you and love you so very much!!
John David Purvis
Feb.5,1983~Mar.19,2012

Click HERE to read about our precious friend John!


No comments:

Post a Comment