Friday, August 9, 2013

Baby's got her blue jeans on

Yesterday when I got home I literally had to find something to do to keep myself out of the kitchen. When I first get home from work I am STARVING!! I will have eaten perfectly all day and, within a matter of ten minutes, ruin it by eating pure junk. So to distract myself I pulled an old pair of jeans down from the top of the closet. They actually went over my hips and then something wonderful happened...they zipped!!

Ya'll I haven't worn jeans on "Jeans Friday" in I can't tell you how long. None of mine fit and I refused to go buy a bigger size. So this morning when I put those "top of the closet" jeans on I almost got teary eyed. Vain? No, just proud of finally saying enough is enough and doing something about the one thing that has been holding me back for so many years. With 21.2 pounds gone I am down almost two sizes. For me it takes about 13 pounds to drop a size. I now have a new goal and a new pair of jeans I'm ready to fit into. I just keep thinking, "Alright if you can just push forward and lose twenty more pounds you'll be down 40 pounds!!" 
Only 2 sizes away baby!!
Instead of 27 dresses I have 27 pair of
pants that are waiting on me, literally!!

I knew when I started this journey it was going to be extremely tough. That's why I avoided it for so long. But I've come to realize the mistake I made before when I lost weight. I thought if I could just get to a certain size it would be over. That I would be completely happy and satisfied. I wish that were true but that's not how it works. Even when I get to where I want to be I'm still going to have to exercise and live a healthy lifestyle. Otherwise weight is going to be an issue my entire life. I want to get a hold on it now! I don't want five, ten, fifteen years to pass and me to still be struggling. I want to look back and say, "Thank you God for letting me gain control and for helping me every step of the way."

The weekend is almost here guys. I'm deciding right now to have a great weekend and not let food control me! My goal is to look back on the weekend Monday morning and say, "Girl you kicked butt, now let's keep that up this week!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment