Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I'm in love with the Jewish

Jewish Coffee Cake that is. This stuff is the paaaaa...jamas!! I got the recipe from Kelly, one of besties, and made it for our Sunday school class this weekend and another one for Chris to take to work yesterday. It's an easy crowd pleaser that you can take as a breakfast or dessert. My favorite part is that you can make it the night before!! 

Okay so this recipe is NOT low cal but everything in moderation is my motto. Alright that's a lie...my motto is give the leftovers away so my lard butt doesn't have a chance to eat it later but regardless this stuff is AMAZING!! Even the hubs likes it and I've told you guys before how he's my man child with a five year olds taste buds.

Ingredients:
-1 box yellow cake mix
-1 small box instant vanilla pudding
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1/2 cup vegetable oil
-4 eggs
-1/2 jar peach jam or preserves
*Mix all of the above ingredients and then add...
-1/2 small jar cherries finely chopped (otherwise your batter will be pink)
In another bowl combine:
-1 cup brown sugar
-1 cup chopped pecans
-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
-1/2 tsp. cocoa 
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Pour HALF of batter and sprinkle with HALF of dry brown sugar mixture. Repeat. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. 
Pour half of batter 
Sprinkle...pour the other half of batter
Be nice to it and I promise it will spread 
Sprinkle again 
Bake for 45 minutes and cool...that's it!!
How SIMPLE and holy hallelujah it's good!!! The smell reminds me of fall and makes your entire house smell GREAT!! 
P.S. Look what was sitting on 
my doorstep yesterday when I got 
home. It made me smile after a long 
hard day. What a sweet, sweet
Mama I have!! Hop on over to Big 
Lots and get one. Fall is coming 
soon...hang in there y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment