Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Recipe swap

Some of my favorite recipes come
from Hungry Girl.I used these to plan
meals when I lost 110 pounds!!
If you go to www.hungrygirl.com you
can sign up to receive FREE recipes!!
Typical Day in Culinary-
Teaching the kids at school to
fabricate a whole chicken
When I buy groceries and plan out what we are having for dinner during the week I do so much better. When I get home and there's nothing in the pantry is when we eat out every night or pick something up. That's a BAD habit to start!! Believe me that's how I survived my first year teaching and boy did I pack on the pounds. Y'all I like to cook. I mean I teach culinary for crying out loud but at home I am not Emeril every night. Who has time for that? I try to plan meals that I will actually feel like cooking when I get home. Now sometimes when I feel
like it I go all out but during the week I keep it pretty simple. I thought I would share FIVE of my tried and true LOW CAL favorites with you guys. They aren't culinary master pieces that use heavy cream or butter but they ARE yummy and quick. I'm positive you can have them ALL baking or cooking in under 15 minutes. That's my kinda cookin on a weeknight ya'll!! 
This is one of the hubs absolute favorites!! 
Toss baby carrots in spray butter,
sprinkle with Mrs. Dash garlic and herb,
bake on 400 for 20 minutes
and you have an easy but
YUMMY side dish! Mashed cauliflower
recipe under "My Plan of
Action" post on July 5, 2013. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks good. Will have to try some of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post!!!! Thanks for the tips and the recipes. I know Kimberly and I will have to try them out.

    ReplyDelete