Thursday, August 1, 2013

How I'm surviving

I wish I was one of those people who always ate perfectly and loved to workout. But y'all I'm not! I'm getting better at making wise choices and I went from barely being able to do 5 minutes on the elliptical to 30. But I am not perfect and NEVER will be. That's actually completely fine with me though. I see it like this...
YOU HAVE TO LIVE YOUR LIFE!! 
Lac, Kelly, Krisi, Me...Miss my besties!!
Hello cute little Fall dress from one of my
FAVORITE stores of all time. I think we may be
able to become friends again real soon!!
Dress-Entourage Clothing
www.shopentourageclothing.com
(Locations-Statesboro, Athens,
Clemson, Kennesaw, Carrollton)
They now carry PLUS SIZE clothing too!!! 
So with all of that said I guess it's time to tell you how this non perfect girl is surviving. I take one meal each week and eat whatever I want. I don't count how many calories are in it or eat half either. I eat as much of it as I want. BUT I only indulge for that one meal then STOP and it's only ONCE a week. When I finish I'm completely
satisfied and ready to get with it again. I don't feel guilty or like I failed. When the next meal comes around it's back to healthy decisions. When it's time to exercise again I do. NO GUILT!!!
Back at this morning with my sweet Sarah!!
Bryant straight photobombed us...haha


For ME this has really worked. I want to be healthy and thin but sometimes it's OKAY to indulge. I didn't say all the time now I said SOMEtimes. If I know we have a special event I'll save that meal for then. Or if I just really have something I'm wanting I'll get it. Hmmmmm...this sounds a lot like Weight Watchers flex points to me. I guess they burned it into my soul or something.

Last night I had my once a week special meal. There was no special occasion or anything. I was just HUNGRY, truly hungry. Is it weird to like that feeling? For so long I don't think I was ever truly hungry because I was constantly eating. Now it actually feels nice to say,"Hey I'm hungry. I think it's time to eat something." 
I'm realizing more and more everyday that food is NOT the enemy. I don't know a single person, even a thin person, who can say I've never tried cake or I've never eaten a hamburger. Everything is about moderation and self control. It won't happen overnight but the more you practice it the easier it becomes.

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11 
It's DJ from Full House ya'll!!!
Her book is a great inspirational read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment