Tuesday, August 27, 2013

That ain't hittin on much partner

Last week I was so excited to use my new recipe to make shrimp and aspargus chowder. I went to Kroger and got everything I needed and even took pictures for you guys as I did each step. But then the moment of truth came...I tasted it! It wasn't bad but it wasn't the WOW I was expecting. How can something with $10 worth of shrimp be ehh!?!?! That dang soup cost more to make than just going out to eat and filled up my dishwasher. If this tells you anything the hubs ate a bowl of cereal after a couple of bites. Then I did what no wife should. I asked him, "What do you think be honest." His comment and I quote went just like this, "That ain't hittin on much partner!" It was an epic fail and there was nothing I could do to rescue it...sigh.  
That's alotta flipping ingredients!!! 
Where art thou heavy cream and butter?
Just sit there lookin all pretty
and colorful...you know what you are!! 
BUT the rest of the week we were in the "cat bird seat" as Chris would say. I made some of my trusted favorites and one of them actually doubles as two meals. No they don't look pretty in pictures but they are easy and delicious...isn't that how it always goes?!?!

Myra's Tacos (My Grandma's recipe made skinny)
-1 pound ground turkey
-1 taco seasoning packet 
-1 can rotel 
-Fat free cheese singles 
-Zero calorie spray butter 
-Baked nacho Doritos 
-Fat free sour cream 
-Salsa 
-Shredded lettece 
-Low carb wraps 

Instructions:
Brown ground turkey (or would it be called white ground turkey??) and drain. Add taco seasoning and UNdrained rotel. Mix well. Use spray butter for each side of your tortillas and crisp on griddle or in pan. Add cheese, meat mixture, lettuce, sour cream, salsa and crumbled nacho Doritos. I promise you will never eat regular tacos again!!!
Crisping your tortillas and letting the
cheese melt makes ALL the difference 
  
I was surprised at just how good
these were and ONLY 60 calories vs. 120
for  other low carb versions

I used leftover taco meat to make
Doritos taco salads the next night...yum!!!

And last but not least one of my FAVORITES that is super quick. I call this kinda recipe MAN FOOD!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment