Monday, August 19, 2013

Oscar the grouch

Weekend workouts NEVER happen but I was getting so dang grouchy Saturday that I really needed it!!  I decided to go all by my lonesome to the Y track and ended up getting in 3.11 miles!! I think "the time" is drawing very near if ya know what I mean ladies?! I want a tub of ice cream like nobody's business and I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster. Even though I still have to run a lap, walk a lap I'm making progress. Emotional or not. I can't wait to be able to run 3 miles without stopping. I'm thinking a new pair of tennis shoes are in order when I finally get there.

Last week I exercised one day and that's it. I think it was a much needed break but by Friday I was missing my more intense workout sessions. Even though it was overcast, and only around 80 degrees at the track Saturday, the humidity felt killer after my time off. I struggled with the first couple laps but after that I couldn't get enough. The sweat dripping down my face made me want to push harder and with every step my grouchiness started to disappear. For some reason I just wanted to keep going, keep pushing myself, and see how much I could take. Weird?!?! Yeah I know, I thought the same thing but it actually happened...to me!!  And afterwards I no longer felt like strangling innocent people for no reason. Sooooo I would say it was a pretty productive workout! 

After my mood transforming jog the hubs decided he still wanted to be married to me and we grabbed lunch at Ranchero's. It's just like a Barberito's and their salads are so good!! I wish I could get lunch there everyday. I always get the grilled chicken salad with no shell. I'm not even a salad person but these are so filling and packed with flavor. 
So proud of my nonwashed hair updo 

After lunch we rode over to Corner Market Antiques and Furniture in Blackshear, GA. This place is huge and they have some of best furniture if you're into painting or redoing old pieces. I'm obsessed! All of the furniture in our extra bedroom is from garage sale finds and hand me downs that I've sanded and repainted. So yes, this place is like walking around in heaven for me. For Chris not so much but he humored me and went anyway...thank God for smart phones and candy crush!! 

Even if you don't live in the South GA area you should check out Corner Market Antiques and Furniture Facebook page for ideas. Honestly that's one big reason I like to go look. I'm so cheap and steal ideas!!


If I haven't told you guys yet, I LOVE to decorate, sew, cook and make crafts. I have absolutely no athletic ability and can't sing or play a single instrument. But this morning my non athletic behind was up and at the gym at 5:30 AM. Sarah worked me like a rented mule son! We did the leg press, kettle ball, squats, 5 minute cardio circuits, 2 leg machines and the elliptical for 20 minutes. I've been feelin GREAT today!! Only 2 weeks until the first GSU game. I'm 13 pounds away from being out of the 200's. Gonna work it hard this week, try not to be grouchy and steer clear of the tubs of ice cream calling my name! 

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love your post. They are so inspiring and I share them often with others that may need a little pick me up. I love you sweet neice of mine. You are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete