Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Buck up sister girl it's Weigh In Wednesday

Monday I had almost thrown in the towel guys. I felt overwhelmed and like I just didn't have enough time in the day to get everything done. I thought, "How in the heck am I going to be able to keep this up?" I'm waking up at 5 AM and going to bed at 1 AM...something's gotta give!! Then out of the blue Sarah called and said, "Kelly let's take this week off from exercising at 5AM and start back first thing next week." Now don't get me wrong, I have truly enjoyed working out at 5 AM but I felt relief flood over me.

I have a really bad habit of putting unnecessary stress on myself. I've got a type A personality like nobody's business!! Sometimes I wish I could just not worry, do the best I can, and let whatever happens happen. But y'all I'm just not made up that way...I stress!! I want for everything I do to be organized, on time, and perfect. Can I get an Amen from all the type A's out there? Here's the problem though...NOTHING in life is perfect. Not my job, not my weight loss journey, not my family, not my husband, and for SURE not ME! So y'all sometimes it's OKAY to say I'm tired and give yourself a little slack.

In leu of my slackness, Tuesday I did something crazy. Hold on to your seats for this...I went and took ONE hour to go walk, not run, not beat my best time, just walk!! During that one hour I didn't think about all the upcoming deadlines on my calendar, the lesson plans I needed to write, the weight I needed to lose or waking up at 5 AM. I just walked and enjoyed being outside. When I got home I felt so much better and my anxiety had subsided. Later that night when I laid down in bed this verse popped in my head: 
"Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

Lying there it hit me that I will make time for any and everything but the only time slot I've allowed for God is 10 minutes on the ride to work. I haven't stopped to read my Bible in WEEKS. I haven't gotten down on my knees to pray in WEEKS. I've given God a tiny little spot on the back burner and just left him there. I've been doing everything my way and telling God that when I had time we could talk. No wonder I've felt overwhelmed. I've made what should be my number one priority my last.

Let me be truthful and tell you that today I started not to post. When I weighed in this morning I had lost 1.4 pounds. I thought, "What happened to the 3 lbs and 4 lbs I WAS losing each week?" I felt mad and discouraged all at the same time.  When you bust your butt 1.4 pounds just doesn't seem like the best reward. So I had a little pity party for myself while I got dressed for work this morning. Then, of flipping course, I heard my mama's voice say the same thing she has said to me a million times...
Buck up sister girl!! You've gone too far and worked too hard to quit now!! 
How she does that without even being there I don't know but dangit she's right!! I've lost  22.6 pounds and a stupid plateau is no reason to throw that all away. It's time to buck up sister girls!! We've gone too far and worked too hard to quit now!! 
Left-Sister girl in June @ 236.4 pounds
Right-Sister girl this morning @ 213.8 pounds
My goal this week is to eat cleaner
and drink more water!! I've been staying
within my calorie limit but eating TONS of
processed foods and drinking more Coke
Zero than I care to admit. So bring on the
 FIBER. Maybe I won't have round two
and ship my pants...again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment