Monday, August 26, 2013

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

And the winner of the burlap door hanger with team of choice  is...
EMILY FAZ
This chick did some serious pinning this weekend with a total of 91 pins! Coming in at a close second was Lacy Rookes with 59 pins and third Sarah Thrift with 47 pins. Thanks so much to everyone who participated. Emily congrats girl and contact me at kellygoldenjacobs@gmail.com to claim your prize.

And now for a little weekend updateage...
Friday night the hubs and I went on a date to Applebee's. Now don't stick your nose in the air and act like you don't like it, cause you know it's the jam! Plus they have an under 550 calories menu. Holla! I got the Nappa Chicken and Portobellos and it was sooooo good! I was shocked at how full I felt after eating. I've heard people say that your stomach shrinks and I'm starting to believe it's true. Don't get me wrong, I can still eat like a 300 pound grown man but it's becoming easier to push my plate away. I fill up so much quicker! ALSO...on another little side note I've told you guys before about how much I had grown to hate date nights. I absolutely hated the way I looked BUT I am happy to report that I didn't dread getting dressed at all this time. I think I even looked quite cute! 

As for Saturday, long story short, I worked my freakin butt off catering a wedding reception for 400 people with Mrs. Jeanette and her team. Can you imagine how many dishes 400 people can make when they get two glasses, a dinner plate, two dessert plates and two forks?!?! I NEVER want to wash dishes again! And to top it off right as it was time for the reception to begin a torrential downpour came through. Everyone coming in from the wedding was soaked! Even though I worked my bootie off I learned so much and it turned out to be a beautiful reception. The family was very sweet and appreciative so that made it even better. It seemed like everyone truly had a blast!

I tried to get some pics for you guys without seeming too creepy. They don't really do justice for just how pretty everything looked but at least you get a glimpse. Oh, and by the way, I didn't eat a single bite of any of the amazing food you're about to see!! 
My beautiful attire for the night 


Some of my catering buddies 
Taco bar-special request
That's a spine on the cake.
The groom was a chiropractor. 
Loaded mashed potato bar...Yum!! 
Allrightee my dears, we have T minus 5 days until the first Georgia Southern game of the season. Gonna go full out Rocky this week!! Are ya with me?!?! 
Sunday morning. First time I've
worn that dress in almost a year!!
That's a GREAT feeling tater!!


No comments:

Post a Comment