Thursday, August 8, 2013

Burlap is a Southern thang

Nothing says southern belle like sweet tea, burlap, monograms, and mason jars. I'm obsessed with all four!! If my house could look just like Southern Living magazine I would be happier than a camel on Wednesday. 
LOVE my monogrammed runner my Mama got me!!
Hey ya'll I love burlap, butter and bloggin!!
Idol day during homecoming week @
school one year...the kids got a kick
out of me dressing up like Paula! 
Last night I finally finished the burlap wreath I've been working on for the culinary lab door at school. I figured I'd give my skills a test run before making one for our door at home. I'm sure my beautiful wreath is the first thing all the sweet little high schoolers will notice when they walk down my hall...ha 



Alright let me start by telling you that I've named this wreath I've made my "sinnin wreath" cause I said so many ugly words making it. No wonder the stupid things are $100 plus premade!! I watched every tutorial Pinterest had on burlap wreath making and they were all confusing. So, of course, I made up my own redneck way of doing it.
Hopefully the second go around will be much easier and I won't have to repent for hours afterwards.
I used 5 rolls of non-wire burlap I got from Hobby Lobby.
The wire wreath frame I used was 18 inches wide.
*Don't forget to check Hobby Lobby's
website for a coupon. I got 40% on an item
by showing the lady at the register
the coupon on my phone.* 
I used around 4 inch pieces of wire...you can
see I wasn't real accurate in my cutting. 
Guys all I did was go back and forth making
loops. I used wire to hold the loops in place.
After I went around the wreath 1 time I went
back around again and continued to make more
loops until the entire wreath looked full.
That's it!! Really!!  
 Left-2 times around making loops
Right-1 time around making loops
I made a bow and tied it in the middle with wire.
Then I wrapped a piece of ribbon around the middle
to hide the ugly wire. To give my wreath color I
wove some extra ribbon through the wreath
and secured it with wire. I got the utensils
from Dollar Tree and hot glued them. 

This project cost me a little over $30. I think it turned out pretty cute but it may be a while before my front door at home sees one!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment