Monday, August 5, 2013

You ain't seen nothin yet

Saturday morning we were up bright and early. Around 7AM we headed to good ole Statesboro, GA...Home of the best dadgum college around and the Georgia Southern Eagles!!

" I'm gonna say it one more time. We are Georgia Southern. Our colors are blue and white. We call ourselves the Bald Eagles. We call our offense the Georgia Power Company...and that's a terrific name for an offense. Our snap count is "rate, hike". We practice on the banks of beautiful Eagle Creek and that's in Statesboro, Georgia--the gnat capital of America. Our weekends begin on Thursday. The co-eds outnumber the men 3 to 2. They're all good looking and they're all rich. And folks, you just can't beat that...and you just can't beat Georgia Southern. And you ain't seen nothin yet!"
-Erk Russell

Sorry I couldn't help it. That sent chills down my spine. If you're a Georgia Southern fan that'll get you fired up to do about dang anything! Only four more weeks until the eagle soars around Paulson Stadium, those old yellow school buses pull up, and the Georgia Southern eagles take the field. SON I am ready!!

Driving into the Boro so many memories came rushing back. I was an 18 year old baby when I moved to Statesboro. At the time it seemed like so far from home and it took me a while to get over the home sickness. But I wouldn't take those days back for nothin. Who knew how much I would grow and learn about myself in four years?! But ya know what the best part of all four years was? Meeting Chris Jacobs. We drive each other nuts sometimes but God couldn't have blessed me with a better husband and best friend. 
While Chris was at his fraternity board meeting/golf retreat I hung out with one of my besties Kelly, who's husband was also at the same meeting. We had so much fun catching up and giggling. First we went shopping and ya'll I was in shock at just how much Statesboro has grown. Why the heck didn't they have a Hobby Lobby when I was there? They even have an ENTOURAGE now...watch out Athens!! Entourage has the cutest clothes at such reasonable prices. If you shop online they even carry Plus size clothing. It's probably a good thing that those stores didn't exist when I was in school! Can you say student loans well spent? Ha...just kidding mama! 
www.shopentourageclothing.com

After lunch at Mellow Mushroom Kelly and I went out to Big Rusty's (kelly's pa in law) farm. I absolutely LOVE him and going out there.You just feel at home and there is NEVER a dull moment. When we pulled up they were bailing hay for the cows. Don't you just love the South? We swam in the pool Big Rusty dug (not joking), made a burlap wreath, rode the Yamaha and even talked Big Rusty into taking us to dinner at the famous El Sombrero, or "El Som" as we call it, for dinner. I didn't see Chris again until 9:30 PM when he and little Rusty joined us all at the restaurant. We had a FULL day and didn't get home until midnight but it was a blast!! 
Try the gluten free pizza at Mellow Mushroom.
It is really good and only 240 calories a slice!! 
Little Rusty getting the tailgating trailer ready for football season

Got to hang out with these crazy hams all day...
Kayla and Kelly 
Looking rough after a long fun day-
Kayla, Kelly, Me
I am about to kick butt for the next four weeks y'all! I want for my weight to no longer start with a 2 come that first GSU game. So to start the week off on the right track Sarah and I met at the gym this morning at 5:30 AM. Did I want to get up? Hail Mary no!!  But NO more excuses and NO more looking back cause...

You ain't seen nothin yet!!

1 comment:

  1. Are you hiding this weight in your hair?! You have always been my little blonde barbie. :) You look great, friend!

    ReplyDelete