Friday, August 2, 2013

Hair Extensions

Hey girl hey it's FRI   DAY...time to put ya party hair in!!! Shocked?!?! Haha!! Yeah I wear fake hair and yeah I feel sassy with it in. There's just something about puttin my weave in that puts me in a good mood!

Alrightee these are the rules of extensions...
1. Spend some money and get REAL hair. You can wash and style it. I love Jessica Simpson but all of her hair extensions are synthetic and they will melt like Barbie hair. Boo!
2. Buy extensions that match your hair or have them colored by your stylist. I bought mine at Sally's Beauty Supply and they matched my hair perfectly without dye.
3. Keep your extensions in a case to keep them looking like new.
4. Do NOT sleep with your extensions in. You will have to cut them out of your hair!!
5. Fix your hair BEFORE you clip the extensions in.
6. Style the extensions BEFORE you put them in. 

I have Euronext 18 inch clip in human hair extensions. They were around $120 and I got them a little over two years ago for my birthday from the hubs. He thought I was absolutely nuts when I told him I wanted fake hair for my birthday...these days I don't think anything could shock him! 
Before-Sad stringy hair
My hair has gotten pretty long so I use the
extensions more for fullness than length. When I
first got them I used them for both. 
My case was $10 at Sally's
I got extensions with highlights/lowlights so
they match the many shades I decide to color
my hair throughout the year
Make sure to curl, straighten etc. the extensions
BEFORE you put them in your hair. I usually clip mine to
the bed like a redneck and sit in the floor and curl them.
You can clip each piece in your hair individually or clip
one on top of the other then clip them in your hair, which
is what I do. It's just easier for me that way. 
Start at the bottom, part your hair with a comb and clip
the rest up. By the way that's the BEST teasing comb in
the world. Only $2 at Sally's. 
Left-clip closed, Right-clip open
They snap like a barrette

Clip the extension as close to the root as you can by
picking up a strand of hair. Each piece has 3 clips
and I always start with the middle clip.  
It doesn't have to be perfect because
it will be hidden
Let down more of your natural hair, once again
part your hair and pile on top of your head.
Then clip in the next piece. 
This is with 4 large pieces in 
Use the little pieces for the sides
That's it...it's literally that easy!!
You can't even tell they are in my hair 
LONG HAIR DON'T CARE!!



3 comments:

  1. Shop huge inventory of Popular curly virgin indian hair extensions in Human Hair Weaves,Blended Hair Weaves and more in Beauty & Health on glamourweave.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative post :). Please visit this link
    human hair lace front wigs for the most incredible hair extensions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. hair weaves

    ReplyDelete