Monday, July 15, 2013

YES you CAN eat out

After being gone for an entire week and having absolutely no groceries at my house we ended up eating fast food 3 times this weekend. We also went to a dinner party and VBS started Sunday night. Normally that would have killed any diet I was trying to stick to but this time I rocked it. You really can eat out and make smart decisions. It's just about the choices you make. I'm learning to order a kids meal or only eat half. You still get something you want and actually the kids meal is a normal portion size for an adult female. 
Dinner party outfit
top-JcPenny 
Chris and I have 16 middle schoolers
at VBS but that age group is so fun!
During the week we usually eat at home but on the weekends we eat out dang it. Who doesn't? In the past I would do so well during the week and then fall to pieces when my routine was messed up on the weekend. I would say, "Well I'll start again Monday." That's crazy! You have to live your life and apparently the "I'll start Monday" scenario was NOT working for me. I don't know about you (but I'm feeling 22?!...that silly Taylor Swift) but I'm not going to sit there and just watch as everybody else eats...that's nuts! Do you think all these little skinny people just watch everyone else eat? Maybe...haha
Zax Kid's Finger Meal is 570 calories including the
Zax sauce...without sauce 390!! That tiny little sauce
contains 180 calories!! Crazy girl say what?!?!
Saturday at Firehouse subs I ordered a medium Italian sub with no mayo. It's my fav and I can't even tell there is no mayo on it because it has so much flavor. The entire sub is 560 calories but I only ate half and a couple baked chips. Not too bad for around 300 calories. In the PAST I would have eaten the entire sub, added a bag of BBQ chips (210 cal) and a regular coke (390 cal). Now we're now talking more like 1,160 calories. Y'all I used to eat like this ALL the time and then I'd go home and eat something sweet on top of that then dinner later. No wonder I felt like crap all the time!

At Wendy's Sunday after church I ordered a cheeseburger kids meal and ate the entire burger (290 cal) because I was hungry. But then I only ate a couple of my fries. This is starting to become a habit. A good habit that I want to continue. At first the hubs was like, "That's all you're gonna eat?!" It was such a change that he didn't know what to think. But now that he sees what a difference it's making in OUR life he says, "I'm proud of you." 
Wore my new Premier necklace Sunday. If you've
never hosted a party you should. Fun girls night! 
Y'all if I can do this ANYBODY can! Is it hard? Heck yeah but feeling like I feel today is worth not eating a tub of ice cream. Being able to button my pants and fit into shirts I haven't worn in months is worth it! I heard this saying and it stuck...
If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not you'll find an excuse.
Isn't that so true y'all? 

I usually only cook two times a week and the other two we eat leftovers. I used to try and cook something different every night but "ain't nobody got time for dat" (Youtube-Sweet Brown). Let me also tell you that Chris is probably the pickiest eater ever! It's like having a husband with the taste buds of a five year old. Although I have gotten him to venture out a little. So this week here is what we are having...
Monday and Wednesday:
-Doritos Soft Tacos and/or Salad
Tuesday and Thursday:
-Spinach Meat Loaf, Mashed Cauliflower and Roasted Carrots
-Friday and Saturday:
Out to eat! 



I buy some "special" things just for me but I mostly eat whatever the hubs eats. I just watch my portion size and I substitute ingredients with lower cal equivalents. I'm usually sneaky and wait until after we have eaten, then I tell what I substituted. If my man child can't tell the difference that's saying a lot! 


Rusty (one of Chris's best friends), Man Child and Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment