Monday, July 22, 2013

Ellijay weekend recap

When we finally got to Ellijay Friday night it was around 11PM. Up until about 10PM the hubs and I loved each other, were holding hands and singing together in the car. My 6'3" bearded husband sang Paint Me a Birmingham by Tracy Lawrence and Glamorous by Fergie like it was nobody's business. He cracks me up!! Of all songs, really?! After that we both started getting tired, grouchy, our butts hurt from sitting and we no longer liked, loved or wanted to be around each other...true story! If you love your family after six hours in the car together somethings wrong with you...hahaha!! When we finally got to the cabin we were praising Jesus to finally be out of the car. We loved on and hugged everyone then went to bed around midnight. Back in the day we would have stayed up until three or four in the morning talking. Heck with that...I need my sleep unless you want to deal with a dragon these days!

Saturday morning the hubs and I woke up loving each other again and went downstairs for breakfast. Rookes (Chris's BFF since 3rd grade and college roommate) made everyone his famous banana pancakes with powdered sugar and whip cream. Holy moly they were good but I controlled myself and only ate one pancake with no toppings and was surprisingly satisfied. 
The cabin was beautiful!!
After catching up for a while we decided to part ways and the guys went to the shooting range. In the south the more guns you have the manlier you are. Us girls decided to just chill and stayed at the cabin...ya know why? Because this girl forgot her tennis shoes. Getting to hike was what I was most excited about and I forgot my dang shoes!! And it's not like I could borrow some. Oh no mam, I have size 9-1/2 skis for feet. My friend even brought her jogging stroller for her baby. I know she wanted to kill me and I felt horrible!! Instead us girls literally didn't get out of our pajamas until almost noon and watched fashion police on E while we played with LBR. But I don't think any of us minded.  I'll stay in my pjs all day for that cutie pie. 

My weekend wardrobe
When the guys got back we decided to go tubing. Like a bunch of rednecks we piled in the car and stuck our arms out the windows to keep the tubes from flying off the top of the jeep. We put our tubes in several miles up from the cabin so we could just get out when we floated back in front of the house. Well that didn't exactly go as planned. Just us girls floated down the river first and couldn't paddle close enough to get out by the house. We ended up floating for about another hour and the boys had to come find us. It was fun and kinda scary all at the same time!
Buns of steal stairs from the
river back up to the house
Sitting on the porch loving my
chevron bathing suit cover up
Later that night the guys grilled ribs and corn. This doesn't sound very southern belle but meat on the bone I can do without, so I was okay to only eat a little. But then we celebrated Brian turning 32 this upcoming Wednesday with a CAKE. I ate the icing off the top of my piece and threw the rest away...blasphemy!! I think that may have been the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. But afterwards I was pretty proud of myself and really didn't even miss not eating it. After dinner we got in the hot tub for a while and then watched a movie. The girls went on to bed after that and the men folk stayed up doing who knows what, until who knows when. 

On the ride back home we all stopped in at a little Mexican restaurant for lunch and then the mall.It was sad telling everyone bye but I think Chris was just as ready to get home as I was. We have been on the go every weekend for about a month now. 
Mexican shrimp cocktail-
only 259 calories...yum!!

Mall purchase-
The hubs surprised me with new nalgene
water bottles for the gym...how sweet!
Can I just be honest and tell you that even after such a fun weekend I felt crapy when I woke up this morning and I did NOT want to go to workout. I also weighed myself and had gained a pound. On my way to the gym I was so mad. I watched everything I ate this weekend. But while working out it finally hit me. All I have done since the moment I woke up this morning is think about me, me, me. Not once did I say, " Good morning God I love you, thank you for letting us be able to go out of town and for keeping us safe." When I got home I took a shower and then got down on my knees in front of my bed and just prayed. Did you know when I got up all of my frustration and selfishness was gone? If I work out everyday, never go over my calories but don't talk to God what's my purpose? 

This week not only am I committing to be more dedicated to my diet but more importantly I'm committing to spend more time with God. I have a feeling my week is going to turn around!  



1 comment:

  1. You are stunning!! YAY!!!And if you ever need a prayer buddy i am just a phone call away!!! You are so inspirational without your early journey i would not be also on the winning in of weight loss also!! and i still have a long way.. but i am not where i use to be! huge hugs and smile friend!! WOOT WOOT!

    ReplyDelete