Saturday, July 6, 2013

Fernandina here we come!!

Y'all it is so hard for me to get up early and workout but I know if I don't I never will. So this morning the alarm went off and I looked over at my hubbie all cozy in the covers, but decided to get out of bed and get my butt in gear. I feel so much better when I start my day off with a workout.

While at the gym I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes on the tread mill. I know that's not much but it's a great start and, believe you me, I was drenched in sweat. Lately I have been working out with my cousin Sarah on Mon., Tues. and Thurs. so I can't wait until she reads that I went on a Saturday morning without being paid, tricked or told there would be free doughnuts.
I think my Curvy Man may be the best investment
Chris (hubs) ever made. I was constantly losing my headphones or 
untangling them from throwing them in my purse. 
This little guy solved the problem!! They come in
all different colors and are only around 
3-5 bucks on Amazon. 
After we packed the car and grabbed a quick lunch at Chick-fil-a, the hubs and I headed out for the beach. I am the oldest grandchild out of 9. My Mom has 2 brothers and 1 sister and every year we ALL go to the beach together. We have the best time laughing, playing pranks and just catching up. Back in the day we all stayed in one beach house together. Our family has grown so much that now we stay in several houses side by side. Nothing fancy but we have a blast and look forward to it all year. 
I LOVE the sun but I've been trying to do better
so I've found this amazing
sunless tanner. It doesn't leave you orange
and looks very natural. 
I had 3 chicken strips with chick-fil-a dipping sauce
and a coke zero (my downfall) for lunch. Did you
 know that 1, just one, only 1 chick-fil-a sauce has
140 calories!?!? I could EAT 2 cups of grapes for
under that many calories but whatev...if I don't eat a
little of what I want later I will A LOT of what I want!!
My family are all big huggers, so it takes us a good 20 minutes just to say hello to one another. Is anyone else's family like that? Anyway, after our hugfest and getting unpacked we all walked over the dunes to the beach. It's so pretty here but the best part is just taking a break from our busy lives and spending time together. 
This is our little sister Taylor. I was 15 and my brother Bobby
was 12 when she was born. And, of course, we spoil her rotten :o) 
The hubs only had one request for vacation. He wanted to drive on the beach (I think that's a man thing). I have to admit though, it was pretty cool and he was happier than Uncle Si during duck season. 
For me the hardest part about vacation is staying away from all the snacks and junk food. Each time I walk away or say no thank you it makes me so proud of myself. Instead of grabbing a Little Debbie I've opted for fruit and it helps satisfy my sweet tooth.

Tonight we decided to stay in for dinner. My mom made a big pot of vegetable soup with a ham hock.  Yes I'm southern, yes we call it a ham hock and yes it makes the best dang soup you've ever tasted!!  
Daddy and Taylor-These two "ham hocks" can eat whatever
they want and not gain an ounce...so not fair! 

I'm just taking this weight loss journey one day at a time ya'll and so far it's going pretty well. If nothing else I feel alive again!!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, I just started following your blog and it is helping me out so much. I am fighting to lose my baby weight and currently hate all of my clothes and the way I look. Your comments about how you use to feel echo how I feel every day. Plus I love your style. Where did you get the black top in this post? So cute!!! Anyway good luck with your journey and Thanks for posting. Lindsey Wood( went to high school with Chris(

    ReplyDelete