Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday

Y'all when I woke up this morning I could barely move. I was sore all over!! As promised, Sarah and I have been busting our boodies this week. Monday we worked legs and did about 25 minutes worth of cardio at the gym. Tuesday we went to the YMCA track and jogged/walked two miles. We were going to do more but there is a HUGE difference in running outside vs. inside on a treadmill. We were drenched in sweat and when I ran parts of my body jiggled I didn't even know I had. Even if you don't have a gym membership you can get an AWESOME workout for free by just getting outside. Maybe that's why I am down 16.8 pounds today!!!! Like how I snuck that in there?!?! 
Do you know why I have been doing so well? MY READERS...I know I was shocked someone besides my family actually read my blog too! But seriously just this week I have gotten several messages on Facebook and a couple texts that have been such an encouragement and gave me a reason to keep going. Someone told me I was the reason they starting exercising. Me?!?! Really?!?! Another reader said that my post about self esteem hit really close to home for them. They thanked me for being so honest because they too struggle with this issue. I also had a friend text me and say they put their baby in the stroller and went for jog around their neighborhood. Wow!!

I saw this quote on mamalaughlin's blog...
WOMEN inspire each other, GIRLS compete with each other.

Guys wether we know it or not what we say and do has a huge impact on those around us. You never know what is going on in someone's life. All they may need is a kind word. When I was running around the track Tuesday I thought about each one of those emails and texts and told myself, "Don't you dare give up keep running they're counting on you." So guys thank you! Your emails and texts have helped ME more than you'll ever know.

Yesterday Taylor and I were in Valdosta shopping and I saw soooo many cute clothes. For the first time in a while I was excited and it motivated me even more. I have an entire side of my closet devoted to clothes that don't fit. How depressing is that every time you walk in your closet?! A couple months ago I had given up all hope and was finally ready to bag them up to donate. I had pretty much determined that I was fat and that no matter how much I tried it didn't matter. I was ready to give in. I no longer enjoyed date nights with the hubs because I didn't feel pretty no matter what I put on. He never said anything but I know he knew. I'm not saying that being pretty should be all you're about but when you feel good about yourself you can be yourself. 
Taylor and I split a kids meal in the mall 
Around 175 pounds
UnChu, Me and Kelly 
Determined for that dress to fit again!!
Can I tell you a secret I've learned on this journey so far? It doesn't matter how much money you make or where you live that makes you. It is 100% how YOU feel about you. When you wake up each morning YOU determine how your day will go. Will you choose to be happy? Will you choose to be bitter? Can I tell you that some things had happened in my life and I was turning into a bitter person. I kept hoping for the day I would be skinny, we would have a house, a baby and more money. I was never satisfied. I truly believe God had to break me so I could see just how blessed I was. Is my life perfect? Far from it but even when I feel all alone, discouraged and like I can't make it another day I have someone who will listen.

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

5 comments:

  1. KJ!! Thank you for being such an amazing role model, motivator, cousin, and most of all, FRIEND!! I absolutely love reading your blogs, and I am SO proud of you!!! I love you!!!<3 Always Remember: Go the extra mile and put God FIRST!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress WILL fit again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for u! Ur an inspiration:) I'm on the same journey with u honey!!!

    ReplyDelete