Tuesday, July 23, 2013

5K anyone?

I guess it's okay to divulge mine and Sarah's little secret. We want to work our way up to do a 5k sometime in the next couple months. I'm sure Sarah could run one right now if she wanted to but I'm still in need of A LOT of training. I agree 100% when people say that running is a stress reliever because when you can't breathe and it feels like someone is sticking a knife in your side it's hard to think about anything else! But I know from experience it DOES get easier the more you do it. 
Pete (one of Chris's best friends) smoked us!!
After Chris and I first got married we lived in Greensboro, GA right outside of Athens for three years. It's the home of beautiful Lake Oconee and gosh it's beautiful up there! Every afternoon when we got off work we would walk to the park behind the police station and jog. We weren't trying to become runners or anything. We were just poor newly weds trying to exercise for free. We started out by running a lap and then walking two as many times as we could. After several weeks we would run a lap and then walk a lap. Each week we just kept adding more jogging to it and pushed ourselves. Eventually we could run a 5k without stopping. It took months to build up to running a full three miles without stopping but we did it! 
Newly weds...I ran my butt off to fit in my dress!!
I remember having so much energy during the day and at night nobody had to rock me to sleep. Y'all I want to feel like that again!!  I know that I can't just take off and run three miles but if I don't quit it won't be long and I will. I want that feeling back!! I want that energy back!! That's why I keep going when I feel like I'm going to die, sweat is burning my eyes and my legs are rubbing together. Nothing feels better than knowing you accomplished something you never thought you could. Keep going and do not give up!!
This morning @ 7:30AM 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment