Thursday, July 25, 2013

Work it gurl!!

I hear that working out is addictive. Unless there are M&M's in the cup holders on the treadmills people be crazy yo! Now don't get me wrong I feel AWESOME when I finish working out but I don't wake up like, "Yay this morning I get to go to the gym." I can tell you that the more I go the easier it gets but it's a choice that I have to make every. single. day.

The first time I lost weight I did weight watchers and ran because that's all I knew. Even though it was hot I looked forward to getting outside. Just getting outdoors alone made me feel better. When I finally got a gym membership I would only get on the treadmill or elliptical. For one I was self conscious and two I didn't want to
embarrass myself by trying to figure the machines out. I also thought it was pointless to tone "fat" when cardio was what burned the most calories. Boy was I wrong!!

Since I've been working out with Sarah I have a totally new perspective on the whole gym thing and working the entire body. She has taught me how to use every machine and we have figured some of them out together. She's also taught me exercises I can do at home or outside on days we meet at the YMCA track to run. Right now we workout on Mon., Tues. and Thurs. We both agreed that we didn't need to overdo it and we could gradually work up to more days. Our schedule varies but mostly it goes like this-
Monday: legs, cardio and abs
Tuesday: arms/chest, cardio
Thursday: extreme cardio and abs

These are some great arm exercises to do at home and they work!! Sarah is using 5 pound weights but you can also use canned food. I know it sounds crazy but work that canned ravioli girl!! 
Start with your arms straight down in front of you
with palms in and lift up keeping your palms down.
Try doing 15 reps 3 times.  
Start with your arms straight by your
side and lift keeping your palms down.
Try doing 15 reps 3 times. 
Lean over and start with your palms facing
each other in front of you. Keep your arms straight and
lift behind you. Try doing 15 reps 3 times. 
These are some great ab exercises to do at home. Bryant, who is every bit as sweet as he is cute, joined us at the gym this morning. He and Sarah have been dating for 5 1/2 years so he's just part of the family now. He's also a whole lot better to look at than me so control yourself ladies!! 
The key is to keep your legs UP...
cross your legs and crunch 10 times
Now crunch 10 times to the left while keeping your
right leg as straight as possible and your left knee bent
Now crunch 10 times to the right while keeping your
left leg as straight as possible and your right knee bent...
repeat starting with 9, then 8, then 7 (you get the point). 

Ya'll I used to be so worried about what people thought. Now my attitude is "who cares if someone is watching me" I'm doing this for me not them. More than ever I'm realizing that to love others you have to love yourself...and that's okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment