Monday, July 8, 2013

Vaca Update


Sunday we were utter and absolute beach bums...and it was wonderful! I
didn't put makeup on all day. The only time I got up out of my beach
chair was to swim or walk on the beach. But with such a big family I 
promise there was never a dull moment. 
Bobby (my brother) and Alvin (cousin) are 1 month apart. Alvin made
his swimsuit into a speedo and had us all cracking up. These two were also roommates in college...
can you imagine all the trouble they got in together!?!?
 
 Cayden, or KK as we call her, is the youngest cousin out of 9.
Left is her in 2009 and right is her today. Sweet girl :o) 
Taylor, or Taddies as we call her, is the next to youngest
grandchild and my little sister. The pic on the left is also from 2009.
I can't believe she will be a teenager in Novemeber. 

Sunday afternoon my Dad grilled hamburgers and hotdogs. I enjoyed a
hamburger but skipped my usual mayo and cheese. Instead, I loaded it
with onion, tomato, a little ketchup/mustard and an 80 calorie wheat
bun. I not only want to lose weight but I also want to retrain my
brain when it comes to food. In the past I've either been on a strict
diet or I've had the "eat everything in sight because tomorrow this
ends" mentality. 
Papa, me and Daddy grilling
After grilling out the hubs and I went on a little date. First we
stopped by Cold Stone, and you guys should know by now that sweets and
coke zero are my downfall, but something amazing happened. I didn't
even want ice cream....that NEVER happens!! I ended up ordering a
"like it" strawberry mango banana cup of sorbet (220 calories). I ate
half of it and threw the rest away. I think that is the first time in
history that has ever happened. For some reason it has never dawned on
me that only eating half was an option...sad but so true! 
I normally get a "love it" in a waffle cone with gummy worms. I looked up the calories
on my MyFitness Pal and just the icecream with cone was 680 calories...wow!! 
In true redneck fashion we ended our date by riding on the beach,
spinning tires and making doughnuts in the sand. Then the hubs, and
our 9 lb. shih tzu Sadie, had to head back home. He looks so manly 
walking a little dog with a pink leash and bows in its hair. I wish he could have
stayed but he had to be back at work Monday morning. I miss him
already...he's such a nut and keeps me laughing! 
Southern boys love em' some 4 wheel drive vehicles. I think it's man code down here!!


No comments:

Post a Comment