Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Delta Chi shout out

Alright so I've decided to surprise the hubs and make him a blanket using all of his fraternity t-shirts from college. He has literally begged me to do this for years but I've put it off. ONE because I like to steal those shirts and wear them and TWO because it's a huge undertaking. Well in my opinion it's a huge undertaking. My friend Kelly can whip one together like Channing Tatum is waiting to be covered up with it. Since I'm no longer going to need my husbands t-shirts to hide in I thought what better time to start this project?! 

Taddies went with me to Hobby Lobby for material
Ya'll I love to do arts and crafts but honestly I'm scared crapless (I would use the other word but Mama DON'T play and she reads my blog) to cut Chris's Delta Chi t-shirts! What if I mess them up? It's not like he can get anymore. That's why this morning I called Mrs.Joy. She is the mother of our good friend John who passed away last year. She made two quilts for him that are A. MAZ. ING...they're even quilted! She can literally do anything. Her home is absolutely beautiful and she made all the drapes, pillows etc. Mrs. Joy is no joke talented!! 



This project is going to take me a while but it got me thinking about Delta Chi at Georgia Southern. The story behind this fraternity is actually pretty dang cool! All of the hubs best friends were Delta Chi's as was he. So let's rewind the clock to 2002 and let me tell you a story of five extremely eligible bachelors...

Once upon a time in far away land called Statesboro lived five studdly young men. These gents were like no others in the land. For not only were they handsome they were also royalty, executive board royalty,in the kingdom of Delta Chi. Together these founding fathers started ceremonies and traditions that would be passed down from brother to brother for many years. Hundreds of fair maidens swarmed the gates of the castle in hopes of being courted by one these charming princes one day. 
Del Tiki-Everett, Pete, John, Rusty,
Chris...not sure where Rookes was 
Winter Ski Trip-Pete, Rookes, Chris and Rusty 

They are all still just as crazy today...but with less hair!!
That last part may have been a stretch!! But in all seriousness Delta Chi is where Chris made lifelong friends that he can call anytime day or night and they will be there. Even though they try to act all manly they love one another like true brothers. The best part is that by being married to one of them I have also met some gals I like to refer to as my "besties". We have all been friends for so many years that we are more like a family. Sometimes we even fight with one another like siblings do. But let someone mess with one of us and it's on.
My "besties"-Lacy, Kelly, Me, UnChu, Krisi 
All of our lives have changed so much since our Georgia Southern Days. I can't wait for football season to get here so we can see each other more and root for the EAGLES!! 
Lacy, Me, UnChu, Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment