Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Weigh in Wednesday

I've been on this weight loss journey for exactly five weeks and so far I have lost a total of 16.8 pounds. The first month my weight loss sky rocketed. I was losing around 4 pounds a week. This morning when I weighed in it was a much different story. I only lost .6 (point 6) pounds...how frustrating! Especially after I watched everything I ate and exercised all week. What the heck?!?! How is that possible?!?! I felt defeated, mad and ready to go eat a dang candy bar. But then I thought back to five weeks ago when I started this adventure. I was tired, depressed and getting dressed was a chore because I hated the way I felt and looked. Am I sad that I didn't lose as much weight as I thought I should have? Absolutely but I wouldn't go back to being 17 pounds
heavier and feeling like crap for anything. I am determined to get this weight off and keep it off. This is just a bump in the road!

Guys, believe it or not, this isn't my first weight loss journey. I've hidden this because I was afraid no one would want to listen to someone who was losing weight for the second time . I knew eventually I would share my story but wanted to wait until I was ready. I'm so proud of how far I've come but at the same time it's embarrassing to
admit just how big I let myself get.

After graduating from college I really started packing the pounds on. By no means have I ever been small but up until this point my weight had never been this out of control and unhealthy. For the first time in my life I lived alone, started my career and was almost three hours from home. I was lonely and overwhelmed so I coped by eating. After my first year teaching and getting engaged to my college sweetheart I knew I had to do something. I decided to give weight watchers a chance so I joined and starting going to the meetings. Honestly I didn't think it would work, or that I would be able to stick with it, but within less than a year I lost 110 pounds! There were weeks I lost 3 to 4 pounds and other weeks I lost absolutely nothing. 
Before-274 pounds...After-164 pounds
I know that everyone doesn't need to lose 110 pounds. It may only be 10 pounds, or the weight put on after having a baby, but if it makes you feel better about YOU then it's just as important. You don't have to be perfect, you just have to stick with it! 



1 comment:

  1. Kelly - I love your blog! I lost 45lbs after college only to gain 57 when I was pregnant with my first child. Then I lost about 30... only to gain about 20 with my second. Uuuugggghhhh! I've been looking for motivation to get started lately (going to far as making an appointment with a "fat doctor"), but then I saw your post on Facebook about your blog. I read it until I finished -- laughed a ton and felt your pain -- and immediately got up and walked a mile... at 1pm on a 90 degree day. Haha! I've cancelled my appt with the fat doctor, and started logging all exercise, food, and water in myfitnesspal. It's only been 5 days but I'm down a pound, and feeling great! Thank you so much for doing this and reminding me that it can be done!

    (Also, thank you for posting where you shop! I love your clothes!!)

    Your long lost friend,
    Lara Beth

    ReplyDelete