Friday, July 19, 2013

To Ellijay we go

I'm so excited today because when the hubs gets home from work we are headed to beautiful Ellijay, GA. It's nestled in the foothills of the Appalachian mountain range and home of the world-renowned Georgia Apple Festival . Can you tell I straight up googled the heck out of all of that? All I know is we get to stay in our friends pimp cabin, tube down the river and hang out with our best friends. Y'all it doesn't get much better than that!! I think it's going to take us about six hours to get there but I don't care. I actually like when Chris is trapped in the car with me. He has nowhere to go so he has to listen to me talk non-stop and nod his head like he's enjoying it. I've already made an old school playlist for the road so he might survive. The last time I was in Ellijay was for a girls weekend at the beginning of the summer. We had a blast and giggled the entire time. I teased the girls hair, we got in the hot tub and ended up buying a kids table with four chairs and a baby rocking chair. We're dangerous when we all get together!! This time the fellas will be there so I'm sure they'll rein us in.

After our trip one of my friends posted this cute collage to Facebook but I deleted it. I was so embarrassed for anyone to see how huge I was. I had such a great time but was ashamed for anyone to see pictures...that makes me sad to even think about. Why was I letting weight control my life? 

This time I'm feeling A LOT better about myself...I still have a long way to go but see 17 pounds DOES make a difference!!!
In preparation for our trip I may have made a couple of purchases because the best part about losing weight is the clothes!!! First I got a new bathing suit cover up. Well actually it's a long flowy shirt that I'm using as a cover up but whatever. Chris washed my old one with towels and it's black...soooo in the end I scored on that one! I also got a super cute shirt and pair of nude sandals. If you don't have a pair of nude sandals you MUST get some. They changed my life! They match everything. My last pair could talk to you at the toe where I wore those jokers out. Everything I got was from JcPenny. Lately they have the cutest clothes and they're pretty cheap. Around here we call our mall the "small" because it's so tiny. I guess it just makes getting to visit a big mall that much more fun and as much as I love clothes it's probably a good thing. 
Chevron, chevron, chevron...yes please!





Last night I gave myself a spray tan using my Neutrogena Micro Mist airbrush sunless tanner. I only gave myself a light spray since I've been in the sun quite a bit this summer. I usually spray, dry, spray and dry. So unless you wear a bathing suit you can plan to be naked for a good 10 minutes...or longer if you're feeling it! This spray doesn't make me orange and doesn't smell near as bad as the jergens lotion. It just gives me a glow and if I lightly mist my face I don't look totally scary with no makeup on. It's also great for hiding minor imperfections on legs and arms. On the upper inside of my arms I have little stretch marks. This stuff covers those right up and I don't feel self conscious wearing sleeveless tops. Just make sure if you use this spray tanner you put lotion on your knees, feet, hands and elbows. I've found it keeps those dry areas from getting too dark. Also make sure you stand in the shower because wherever the spray falls you'll later see it has a tan too. But it comes right up with a damp cloth. It's the closest thing to going and getting a spray tan that I've found...I'm addicted!! 
Yes I have my duck wrap on while I dry
all redneck style under the ceiling fan...
this is a clean blog for crying out loud!! haha 
I'm packing my tennis shoes and workout clothes for the trip cause the girls texted me and said they wanted to go walking one morning. Hopefully I can talk them into walking on the trails. South Georgia is flat and we don't really have trails down here...just gators and swamp land!! So they better bet I am going to go wake their skinny little butts up to go. I've only been hiking a couple times but loved it. I've got my suit case packed and my hair teased so let's do this!! 
Follow us to Ellijay via Instagram-
@eaglewithanappetite



1 comment:

  1. You crack me up!! I totally want to hit up JC Penny tonight at our small for those nude sandals and that precious shirt!! Also loving that you are blogging this!! It is keeping me motivated. I soooo want to go for a jog but it won't stop RAINING in the Boro. Love you!

    ReplyDelete