Friday, July 12, 2013

Still kickin it in ATL

Y'all it has been one busy week! From Saturday until Tuesday I was in Florida on vacation,Tuesday night I was back at home in south GA and Wednesday morning I took off to Atlanta for my work conference. I am a traveling beast. Let's pray my little hondie makes it cause I've worn that little car out over the years.

Alrighty so let me you catch you up on what's been going on here in A.T.L...For lunch on Thursday I met one of my besties Kelly for lunch atMoe's. Welcome to Moe's!!! Sorry I had to say it. If you've eaten there you get. Anyway, Kelly and I had such a great time catching up and laughing. I miss that girl and I don't get to see her enough. We both ordered a Moo Moo which is the kids meal. She's one of those skinny girls so she always eats  and orders like this. It was actually her idea to order a kids meal. Don't you hate people like that?! I normally order a big fat burrito with a cheese dip. I looked up the calories for my Moo Moo and to my surprise it was only 268 calories. Being able to eat small portions of what I want is really working. Why in the heck I've starved myself an ate cardboard to lose weight in the past I don't know. 
Say Moo Moo
Soooo good!! I controlled myself and only ate 1/4
of my chips. That was harder than college!
Outfit of the day...
dress-target, denim jacket-old navy,
michael kors bag-tj maxx
Thursday night I met three of my besties at Chateau De Nails in Roswell. This place is adorbs! Inside it  has pink walls, chandeliers, wooden floors, candles burning, girlie pillows on the the sofas and...get this, you wipe your hands with a fresh white towel every time you use the sink!!  Y'all you don't get that everywhere this place is legit. Laura and I both got gel nails while Lacy and Unchu (Ninja mommy-she's Korean and pregnant) got pedis then we switched. I LOVE gel nails. They stay pretty for so much longer than regular polish. 
Laura say cheese!



UnChu and Lac

After we got rid of our grocery store feet we walked across the street to Nona for dinner. It was so nice outside so we sat on the patio and ended up staying for a couple hours.We have all been friends for years and it's like we have never even had time apart when we get together.

I ended up ordering a salad with grapes, fancy cheese, pecans and a maple bacon vinaigrette. It was amazing and I actually wanted a salad which was shocking. I think one good decision leads to another, and another and another. I hated saying goodbye to my girls but it was already close to 10 PM. We had such a good time and I miss them!

Today was LONG! I woke up at 6 AM, got dressed and headed to the conference for ServSafe training from 8AM-5PM. That's such a long time in a classroom learning about internal temps of food, cross contamination, regulations etc. but our instructor was awesome and really nice. I also learned so much information I had never heard. So all in all it was worth it. I ended up making a 92 on my test..whoop, whoop and thank ya Jesus! 
Time for teacher clothes again

Conference food...womp, womp :o(
My favorite part about conferences are the vendors. When you walk through there are all these educational booths. One minute I'm looking at text books and then out of the corner of my eye I see purses, necklaces, scarves and then this happens... 
They are so cute though
For dinner Unchu and Steve picked me up and we headed to what Unchu refers to as "Korean BBQ". It was so cool and I got to hear Unchu speak Korean for the first time. These two are probably some of the nicest people you'll ever meet in your life. They are also expecting a baby that Unchu calls her "gummy bear". It's going to be the cutest little white Asian ever! 

Steve has his eyes closed...haha
Tomorrow morning my conference will end and I'll head back home. I've had such great time here in the A.T.L. but I'm ready to see my hubbie. I miss him and our little Sadie cat opotamus. Maybe I can get back in my routine. Gonna hit the the gym hard this coming week y'all! Promise

No comments:

Post a Comment