Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday: Losing versus Maintaining


The first time I lost weight I did weight watchers and it really worked. You can read my story by clicking HERE. My only problem was that I didn't know the difference in maintaining and losing. I had one mode...WEIGHT LOSS MODE. If I wasn't on the plan, I would eat like Larry the cable guy at a buffet. AND I felt like if I didn’t count every point that went in my mouth I was cheating. I lost 110 pounds but I never made it to my goal weight, so I never truly learned how to maintain. Now don’t get me wrong, I love weight watchers and it truly taught me how to eat but these days I'm enjoying counting calories. To me it’s easier and if there are days I'm too busy, I just try and watch what I eat. So far it's working!


This morning when I weighed in I had lost 1.2 pounds for a total of 28.8 gone. I'm only 1.2 pounds away from hitting 30 pounds. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. For me, when I am under 200 pounds I know exactly what size I wear when I'm in the 190's, 180's, 170's etc. That excites me!! And gives me a reason to keep going. I have several dresses, some with the tags still on, that I can’t wait to wear. 
This morning got dressed at 
the gym after a 5:30 AM workout. 
Chevron Tunic-JcPenny 
Wouldn't these dresses be too cute with
a pair of camel boots and a scarf? 

Both Dresses-Belk
Can't wait to wear these
with leggings and flats!!

This is THE DRESS I want to be
back in. I wore it two years ago on
our annual New Years trip.  

Dress-TJ Maxx

Right now I have to remind myself that I won’t always have to lose weight. That one day I will be able to maintain. I also have to remind myself that when I get tired, and need a break, it’s okay to maintain for a couple days. When I first started this journey I knew if I put my all into it I would be able to lose weight. I’ve done it before. In the back of my mind though, I wondered how long I would be able to keep it off. I wondered what people would think about someone trying to lose weight for the second time. Y’all, I’m not perfect but this time I feel like I’ve made more progress losing 30 pounds than 110. I want to fit into THE DRESS again and stay in it!!  
Me and Lac-New Year's Eve 2011
Wearing THE DRESS 

No comments:

Post a Comment