Saturday, September 28, 2013

SKINNY Spinach Dip & Broccoli Casserole

I just died y'all. This skinny spinach dip is so freakin good...and easy!! I'm taking it to the Georgia Southern Game today so I'll have something yummy to turn to. But I'm not gonna lie, tailgates are so hard!! There is way too much good food just sitting around staring at you for hours. 

Skinny Spinach Dip 

Ingredients: 
-2 packs frozen chopped spinach 
-1/2 cup light or fat free mayo 
-1 cup light or fat free sour cream 
-1 package Knorr vegetable recipe mix (soup isle)
-1/2 yellow onion minced
-3 tablespoons water chesnuts minced
-Bread bowl 
-Reduced fat Ritz crackers, carrots and/or celery for dipping 

Instructions: 
Place frozen spinach in colander and run warm water over it until thawed. Squeeze, squeeze and squeeze spinach until all water is out. In a mixing bowl combine spinach and all ingredients listed above. Mix well, chill and serve. That's it...really!! And it's even better the next day. 
 Fat free mayo has a funny taste to
me so I used  Duke's light mayo.
It's THE BEST!!
SQUEEZE all of the water out
or your dip will be runny
Slap n' chop=best thing I ever bought
The reduced fat crackers are actually
really good and you can have 5
crackers for 70 calories. Not bad!
See that knot on the right side 
of my forehead?!?! 
What had happened was...
I knocked over my fancy toothbrush 
holder in the bathroom. Went to catch 
it and banged my head on the 
cabinet above the toilet.
Broccoli Casserole 

Ingredients:
-1stick butter (half for sauce, half for topping)
-1 regular size block Velveeta
-1/4 cup all purpose flour 
-2 cups milk 
-1 bag Green Giant Steamers broccoli  
-3 cups cooked rice 
-1 sleeve Ritz crackers 

Instructions:
Pour cooked rice in 9x13 casserole dish. Cook broccoli according to package instructions and let cool. Melt 1/2 stick butter in saucepan. Add in 2 cups milk and chunks of Velveeta. Whisk together on medium heat. When melted, add in flour and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Mix broccoli and cheese sauce with rice. Chop big pieces of broccoli with fork while stirring. Melt 1/2 stick butter, crush 1/2 sleeve Ritz crackers and mix with butter. Sprinkle as topping. Bake on 350 for 10 minutes. Enjoy!   
Make sure rice is COLD or the
casserole will be mushy
I used to boil my broccoli...
so glad I finally realized this was easier 
Whole milk and real butter work best...of course!! 
Stir, stir, stir so it doesn't scorch 
Take these dishes anywhere and I PROMISE everyone will LOVE them!! 
Go Eagles beat the Mocs!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for Spinach dip recipe.. Definitely going to make your spinach dip soon..
    http://www.neworleansbarandgrill.com/food/spinach-and-artichoke-dip

    ReplyDelete