Friday, September 6, 2013

BEST Alumni Around (Mac & Cheese Recipe too!)

We have to be in Statesboro bright and early tomorrow morning for Chris to go to his GSU Alumni Board meeting. I don't think I've ever actually told him, but I'm proud of him for being so active. When we lived in Greensboro he was over the Lake Country Eagle Club and LOVED every minute of it. He's also on the ABT board for his fraternity and donates money to the school. Guess I need to step up my game!! 
The Lake Country Eagle Club always 
met at Reynold's Plantation Pavilion. 
It was soooo nice!!
I WON that helmet in a raffle.
I never win anything so I was really excited.
Glad I didn't get the Eagle Creek water!!  
Look at that lake y'all!! I forgot how
pretty it is at Lake Oconee. 
The day all of Chris's dreams came true...
THE one and only COACH MONKEN
signed his football!!
This Saturday GSU is playing St. Francis at home. For the tailgate, the guys are grilling burgers and us girls are bringing the sides. I signed up to bring mac and cheese and cole slaw. I've got to brag for a minute because I make some good dang Mac and Cheese! I mean, I have a man child for a husband so how do you think I got him to marry me? This recipe is simple but makes the cheesiest and most delicious tasting macaroni ever. My favorite part it that you can put in a casserole dish, sprinkle cheese on top and bake it...OR you can pour it already cooked into a crock pot and turn it to "keep warm" for later. This recipe is in no way skinny but ya know what? Sometimes you need these kind of recipes to take as a side, to feed your family or just because you want some good home cookin. MODERATION...the key word I kept telling myself last night as I had to smell this amazingness. I took ONE tiny bite just to taste it. I promise!! 

Southern Macaroni and Cheese
Ingredients:
-12 ounces elbow macaroni 
-4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
-2 cups milk
-16 ounces Velveeta Cheese, cut into chunks
-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese 
-Salt and pepper to taste 

Directions:
1.Cook macaroni in salty water and drain. Do not overcook noodles or they will be mushy!!
2.Melt butter in a large pot on medium heat and SLOWLY whisk in milk. 
3.Add chunks of Velveeta and stir constantly until all cheese is melted.
4.Add flour and whisk together. Let mixture cook for 5 minutes or so, making sure to stir, and then remove from heat. 
5. Stir in cooked noodles, mix, add to casserole dish, sprinkle cheese and bake on 350 for 7 to 8 minutes.
I doubled my recipe to make Chris
and Taddies their own pan 

MEDIUM heat or it WILL scorch!!

Make sure to stir, stir, stir

Cook for 5 minutes or it will taste like flour


This looks like a pot of deliciousness!! 

We made it to Friday guys!!! Have a great weekend and GO EAGLES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment