Monday, September 16, 2013

Decorating Ideas


From now on instead of going to the gym I'm just going to move. Every part of my body hurts! This morning I had to slowly sit down on the toilet cause my legs were so dang sore. We finally got it all moved but the hubs said we might get divorced if I wanted to move again anytime soon. If you want to know how much you love one another just start moving furniture. We had some "I'm going to sit this down and walk away" moments. I figured we would wait a couple months to have a white trash fight in the front yard at the new house. I mean if Chris would just listen to everything I said we wouldn't have any problems. Ha! 

We've been in the new place for three days but it still seems huge compared to our little apartment. We have several rooms that are completely empty but that’s okay. I'm still in shock that we get to live there. I really love it y'all!! I just can't believe, out of the blue, we were asked if we would like to live there. Sometimes when we don't think God hears us he's been working behind the scenes the entire time.

Alright, so my house is nowhere near what I want it to be but I have a couple good ideas every once in a while so I thought I would share...
Use curtains for a dramatic
effect in the bathroom
I have a toilet paper basket in both bathrooms.
That way you're never stranded.
"Stranded. Stranded on the bathroom bowl.
What do ya do when ya can't reach the
roll? Take it like a man, wipe it with ya
hand. That's what ya do when you're
stranded. Stranded on the bathroom
bowl." Sorry...my Aunt taught me that
song when I was little and it stuck.  
Basket on the side of the tub.
Basket-TJ Maxx 
EASY curtains...Hem fabric
and use clips. That's it!!
Clips-Wal Mart 
Candle holders for tooth brushes
$4.99-TJ Maxx
Old armoire in our bedroom
that I stained and turned 

into a TV stand. This was so 
much fun carrying in!!
Utensils easy to access
and frees up a drawer 
Split peas in hurricane vases
Peas-$1.00
Vases/Candles-Michael's 
In Guest Bedroom-
I frayed the edges of a piece of burlap
and placed a piece of glass I had cut on top.
Spray painted old mirror-$10.00
Lamp Shade-Dollar General
Painted desk-Yard sale 
I bought baskets and put them under all
4 tables in my living room. We have so
much more storage now.
Baskets-Wal Mart 
Lay a runner across your dresser
I LOVE to decorate people. It’s an obsession!! I’ll paint or stain something in a quick minute. I only have one problem…my frugal husband! If it were up to Chris he would still have his camo bedspread, mounted ducks and 5 gallon buckets for ottomans. We have very different views on what’s considered a “necessity”.  Oh but give me some time, give me some time....

No comments:

Post a Comment