Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Transformation, Soup and Ice Cream?

I love fall. It's my absolute favorite season of the year. I think a perfect day is when I get my house good and clean, light candles and make a big pot of soup. It reminds me of my Mama and growing up in the South. To this day, my mama makes the best vegetable soup with ham, rice and lots of veggies. Soooo...I decided to make a SKINNY version. This recipe is a quick go-to with cooler weather around the corner. It's also super simple and tastes even better the next day. And y'all know how my lazy self loves me some leftovers!!

Mama's SKINNY Vegetable Soup

Ingredients:
-1 large bag frozen mixed vegetables
-1 bag frozen baby limas
-1 jug tomato juice
-1 pack ground turkey (browned)
-Garlic powder (1 tablespoon)
-Creole (1 teaspoon)
-Salt and pepper (to taste)

Instructions:
Brown ground turkey and mix with all above ingredients. Cook on medium
heat for 30 minutes. Enjoy! 
This soup is so cheap to make
and feeds a full house!! 
I like to use the 93-7 lean ground turkey 
The lima beans add calories
but are so worth it!!   
BEST purchase I ever made!!
Now I just need more counter space. 
1 cup soup=around 75 calories
1 grilled cheese=105 calories

I make my grilled cheese with 40 calorie
bread, spray butter and fat free cheese. 
And for dessert a stolen recipe from SkinnyMeg... 
Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches
Cool whip, strawberries and graham crackers 

It doesn't get much easier than that folks! Happy TRANSFORMATION Tuesday!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment