Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tasty Tuesday-Crock Pot Roast

I love my mama's pot roast. It's so good and she makes the best gravy. She cooks her roast in the oven on low heat for hours then adds in her potatoes and carrots The meat just falls apart because it's so tender. I had a craving for it and made a crockpot version last week.


Mama's "Can Be Skinny" Crock Pot Roast

Roast/Gravy Ingredients:
-2 to 3 pound chuck roast
-1/2 cup all purpose flour
-3 cups water
-Salt and pepper
-1 yellow onion


Instructions:
1. Generously salt/pepper roast and place in crock pot.
2. Pour two cups water in with roast.
3. Slice onion into rounds and place on top of roast. Cook on low for 12 hours or high for 6 hours.
4. Take roast out and place on plate. Mix flour with 1 cup water in a separate bowl. Slowly whisk mixture in with juices left in crockpot. 

5. Place roast back in crockpot gravy mixture and let cook for 30 minutes on high. 

I LOVE dinner already being
done when I get home.
My roast cooked on low from 6AM-6PM. 
Root vegetables: 
1 bag baby carrots, 2 pounds red potatoes, 
Zero calorie spray butter (take top off and pour), 
Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning 
Toss in spray butter, spread in pan
and sprinkle with seasonings. Bake 

uncovered on 425 for 25 minutes. 
To save on calories...
instead of placing all of the roast back in
the gravy save some out AND make mashed
cauliflower instead of white rice. 

Click HERE for mashed cauliflower recipe. 
My thought is this...

I'm still going to make normal meals for my family. I'm just going to learn how to eat the right way. That's the only way that my weight loss will last. I can eat roast. I can eat rice. And I can even eat gravy. It's all about PORTION CONTROL and making SMART CHOICES!! 
Miss you Christopher. Be safe in ATL, have fun and see you soon! Love you 

No comments:

Post a Comment