Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday: Week Night Meal Ideas

Praise the Lawd for pay day and groceries. Nothing is better than knowing your pantry and frig is full. When I was a kid I always got so excited when my Mama got groceries. My favorite thing was that chocolate milk that came in a gallon size jug. When you poured it, it was so thick that it stuck to the sides of your glass...yum! 

These days I try to plan out what we are going to have for a week at the time (And yes I sometimes still buy my fat kid chocolate milk). It really helps me stay on track to eat at home and not have to wonder what in the world I'm going to fix for dinner. BUT like I've told ya'll before...I ONLY cook 2 to 3 times a week. The other nights we eat LEFTOVERS. Ain't nobody got time for slavin in the kitchen. Hey Jack!! If you don't like leftovers you might as well shave ya beard cause that's gayer than two boys kissin. 
Breakfast Ideas-
Lovin the already packaged smoothies,
boca sausage links, a $9 fruit bowl (holy mother!!)
and chocolate protein shakes that apparently
will make me look like Jillian Michaels
Fav Snack-
Individual celery pack and hummus


Meal 1-SKINNY Mighty Meaty Pizza
1 slice-around 280 calories 
Ingredients-1/2 pack chopped spianch
(thawed/squeezed), turkey pepperoni,
1/2 pack ground turkey, 2% mozz  and
pizza sauce...
Pillsbury Thin Crust is only
180 calories per serving 
Mellow Mushroom Mighty Meaty=
514 calories a slice 

Meal 2-Spinach Turkey Burgers & Baked Sweet Potato Fries 
1 burger and bun-320 calories 
Ingredients-1 pack chopped spinach
(thawed and squeezed), 1 egg, salt/pepper,
whole wheat buns, LC wedges in place of mayo 
Meal 3-Shrimp "Alfredo" with Wheat Noodles and Broccoli 
3/4 cup noodles, 6 shrimp, 1/4 cup
sauce and 1/2 cup broccoli-370 calories 

Ingredients-Gorton's 120 cal shrimp, cauliflower,
broccoli steamers, zero cal spray butter and
100% whole grain pasta 
Click HERE for cauliflower sauce recipe.
I substitute butter for zero cal spray butter. 

More STOLEN Meal Ideas from Mama Laughlin
Southwestern...ummmm?!?!-
Ingredients-1 bag frozen chicken breasts,
1 can drained black beans, 1 can drained
corn, 1 can Rotel, 1 block reduced fat cream
cheese. Cook in crock pot on high for 4-6
hours. Serve over rice, on tortillas
or as a soup. LOVE THIS!!!
Can't wait to try these!!
Click HERE for Skinny Turkey Patty Melt
Click HERE for Skinny Enchilada Lasagna  

Weighed in this morning guys and lost another point stinkin 8!! What is up with my .8's? At first I was aggravated but then I thought back to this past week. Out of 7 days I did "good" about 4 and I exercised 2. So there ya have it. That's the reason I lost point stinkin 8...ME!! I can do better and I know it. BUT instead of beating myself up I'm going to do better this week. I'm only .4 away from 30 pounds gone. It's so close I can TASTE it. Gosh I'm such a fat kid. Ha! At least I was lookin pretty dang cute today. Shhhhh...to those of you who saw me wearing this last night. Ya ain't gotta tell everything thing ya know. 
Scarf-Outdoor market in Charleston, SC
Shirt-JcPenny
Black Skinny Jeans-JcPenny
Boots-Belk
Earrings-Claires 
Look at this little kindergarten cutie-pa-tootie. My Aunt always sends me pictures of my little cousin Cayden and I want to just eat her up. I couldn't pass up sharing this adorableness....

If that smile doesn't make you have a Happy 
HUMP Dayyy I don't know what will!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment