Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Learning to Forgive

On the way to work this morning this overwhelming feeling hit me. I was mad and sad all at the same time. Have you ever had a situation take place and you didn’t even realize it upset you until later? Well several months ago I had one of those situations happen. I felt mad, cheated and wondered what in the world I did wrong. Until this morning I didn’t realize I’d been harboring anger for months. I had to stop and just pray. Was I done wrong? Yes. Did it hurt? Yes. BUT harboring anger only hurts ME. I asked God to please let me forgive and still help me to be a kind person.

“Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” 
Philippians 4:8

Sometimes we all have thoughts that we tell absolutely no one. We tuck them away in our heart and over time we can become bitter. I don’t know your situation, or what you are going through, but I do know that the things we think on feed our souls. Just because we don’t voice our thoughts, and guard our words and actions, what we think matters.

I have to remind myself that when I think I have no one to talk to or to lean on, because I couldn’t be more wrong. God wants to hear our moans and groans. He also wants to help heal our hearts so we can be at peace.


“Cast thy burden upon on the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.” 
Psalm 55:22

No comments:

Post a Comment