Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Transformation Tuesday-Get Your Head in the Game

I hate to admit it but clean eating is HARD!!! I did really well for about a week but then…
I got HANGRY.
Yes, I spelled it right…HANGRY!! I mean there are only so many fruits and vegetables you can eat before you just want something filling. And honey let me tell you, I found lots of “filling” foods this weekend.

Friday night the hubs Mom and Step Dad came into town, so we took them to Ruby Tuesdays. I could have gotten just the salad bar or a low cal entrée but I DIDN’T!! I got pasta, LOTS of pasta, and I ate every last bit of it. Okay that’s just one meal right?!?! Oh no mam, not for me. A switch went off in my head Friday night and I reverted back to my “eat everything in sight” because tomorrow this ends mentality. Problem is, that lasted ALL weekend. Did I have a great weekend? Yes. Did we laugh histerically at all of Chris’s jokes? Yes. BUT I still could've had a good time without eating everything in sight. Why do I feel like the only way to have fun is to get to eat everything I want? Bless it. 
Top/Skinnes-JcPenney
Flats-Target
Chris's Mom and I went to get a mani
Saturday and left the boys at home watching
football. She's a nut and keeps me laughing.
Guess that's where Chris gets it from!
Hmmmm...
I think I might start using a polish change on
my fingers/toes as a reward for doing well
each week. $6 isn't bad at all...
and it makes me feel pretty. 
After church Sunday morning we ate lunch at RYAN’S before saying our goodbyes to Chris’s parents. Sunday night, we went to a big fish fry at church and by the time we got home I felt like absolute crap!! I was so tired, grouchy and didn’t feel like doing anything. Dear Lord I over did it. I knew I had to pull myself together. So, even though I had a million lesson plans to write, I ran to the grocery store and picked up a few things. Then I packed all of my breakfasts and lunches for the week. 
5 Breakfasts-
2-Turkey sausage and scrambled eggs
2-Cottage cheese, pineapple and grapes
1-Oatmeal
5 Lunches-2-Chili
2-PB2 sandwich and banana
1-BBQ chicken and green beans
All I spent was $12 at the grocery store.
Everything else was leftovers. Not bad!!
It took all of Monday to "detox" from the weekend. I'm feeling much, much better today but I guess the moral of my story is...
You're gonna mess up!! 
You're gonna eat like crap sometimes!! 
You're NEVER going to be perfect!! 
BUT you just have to hold your head high and get back in the game. 
Saturday in that pretty green shirt
I felt just like this girl again...

All 274 pounds of her!!
THIS GIRL is who I want to feel like again. 
Being reminded of that is the
reason I'm keepin on keepin on!

No comments:

Post a Comment