Monday, October 7, 2013

The Nothing Fight

Have you ever had one of "those fights"? You know, the nothing fights with your spouse that start with something so simple and end up being a knock down drag out about everything. Let me just tell you that this weekend we had a "nothing" fight. Over freaking stools!!

Before I get into our brawl, let me first say that I love Chris with all heart. Second, let me say that sometimes I can be a witch with a capital B...
BUT, and this is a big but, sometimes men just don't understand and are as dumb as rocks!! It takes them days of "thinking" to do what women could get done in 10 minutes.

Alright, with all that said here's what had happened...

Our kitchen was in need of some barstools. Why have a bar but no stools!? Right ladies? I wanted the kind of stools that were more like tall chairs, just because they are more comfortable. I also wanted 3 of them. My wonderful husband could care less but humored me and we went "stool" shopping. During our outing, I found the stools I wanted but decided to check a couple other places just in case. Before making our purchase we headed home and I used a  chair from our guest bedroom to measure and make sure the 3 stools would fit. 
My stool shoppin and white trash fightin outfit
Cardigan-Target, Shirt-Belk
Necklace-H&M, Black Skinnies-JcPenney
Gladiator Sandals-Shoe Dept. 
Yes, I used construction paper to "measure" 
This is when the magic started!!
Me: I think three chairs would fit best.
Chris: Why would I buy 3 chairs when there are only 2 of us?
Me: Because it will look better, be more room for guests and if we are
going to spend the money I want to do it right.
Chris: There are only 2 of us.
Me: I am well aware but I would like to get 3.
Chris: Gotta go to the bathroom.
Me: Are you kidding me?!? Now?!?
15 minutes later...
Me: See I've even measured it out we need 3.
Chris: I guess we can get 3. Will that make you happy? (Condescending voice)

Oh no he didn't!! 
This is where is gets good.
Me: So, I'm never happy? You're the one who........

Let me just leave the rest to your imagination because it wasn't pretty. It's taken me 2 days but I now realize that I'm the one who escalated that fight. Instead of saying, "That really hurt my feelings and do you truly think I'm unhappy?" I got level 5 pi**ed and retaliated with some pretty mean words. I've only been married 3 1/2 years, and in no way am I a marriage counselor, but I know I was fighting dirty.

My home will never be a perfect place, and yes we are going to have fights, but I want for my home to have an atmosphere of love, happiness and laughter. And do you know who will determine that? ME! Have you ever heard "If mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy"?
Hmmm...I'm thinking that's true. I know that creating this atmosphere will take work, a whole lotta prayer and me keeping my BIG mouth shut, but my family is worth it.
Yes, we got 2 and not 3!! I HATED
admitting I was wrong. Still gotta figure
out how to hide those TV wires. If you
don't have a kitchen TV...get one!!
LOVE it!!
Put this little bench I recovered in the
foyer and stuck some baskets underneath.
That thing was sooooo ugly before!!
Used a staple gun, fabric and
an old mattress pad. 
Made the hubs his own little shelf in our
bedroom so he doesn't junk up our dresser
with the 9 million things he
carries in his pockets! 
Mama got us 2 new lamps for the living
room from Kirkland's. Love the color!
Put my Fall wreath on the laundry room door
and made a little "check your makeup/take
the dog out" area leading to the garage. 
Our neighbor's and life long friends gave
us this pretty J as a house warming gift. 
Our Master bedroom is coming
along. Need more color and a big
something for over the bed. 


In 2 Corinthians 2:14-16, Paul refers to us as a fragrance through whom God will manifest the sweet aroma of Himself in everyplace. Y'all my house has been a little "stinky" lately. It's time for me refill my plugins
Later on Saturday afternoon Chris gave me a
pair of SURPRISE Ray Ban's he ordered
for me weeks ago. My very first pair of non Dollar
General eyewear. Why oh why did they come
when I just wanted to be mad? 

The DEEP works soooo much
 better than medium!!
Left-Sunday morning
Right-4:45 AM this morning before
heading out the door to the gym  

No comments:

Post a Comment