Monday, October 21, 2013

Living Room Makeover

I was really tired of our blah living room so Friday, while I was off on Fall Break, I decided to give it a makeover. At first I was a little scared to go for the bold color I loved, but I got my courage up and just went for it. No, I didn't ask the hubs before I did it. Girls, I've learned one very important thing in these 3 1/2 years of marriage...
Men just don't get it!!
So, if you're gonna do something in your house it's better to just ask for forgiveness later. I'm sure that's in the Bible somewhere. Right? 

BEFORE
Sorry forgot to take a pic before I started
moving furniture away from the wall.
I promise it wasn't this bad!

AFTER 
Color is Seascape-
It took 1 gallon and 1 quart to finish
the living room. That's with only one
coat because Valspar paint +
primer is the jam and so worth
the extra $$. 
I bought new throw pillows to tie all
the colors together but that's it...really!!
My Grandma got me all kinds of
baskets from a garage sale for FREE. I
was more excited than Chris Jacobs
at a George Jones concert son!!

Truth be told I had no clue how I was going to tie all of my brown, red and green decor together by painting the walls blue. BUT somehow it all ended up working out. Isn't it amazing how a little throw pillow or end table decor can make everything go?! The curtains in the foyer don't have a stitch of blue in them but I think they ended up looking fine. Now it's time to move on to my next project. I'm thinking the dining room would look great with the top gray (thanks Julie) and the bottom white with wainscoting?!?! 
Lamps I picked up at a garage sale
Friday for $2 each. I'm thinking about
painting them with Krylon's Looking
Glass spray paint and then adding
burlap shades. Hmmmm?!?!
Got this dresser from Corner Market
in Downtown Blakshear, GA Friday. Click

 HERE to see my post on this cool place.  

Using the dresser as a buffet. Can't
wait to start working on this room.
Hmmm....
I wonder when I'll be off and
Chris will be at work? Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment