Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday & 3 Clean Eating Recipes

Have you ever heard healthy people say, "Failing to plan is planning to fail"? I want so badly to roll my eyes and buy them a freaking cheeseburger but, I can't believe I'm saying this, they are RIGHT!!

I fail to plan in two different ways:
1. I don't buy groceries and eat whatever is in sight because I'm starving or...
2. I don't anticipate the temptations I'm going to have to face.

Up until Saturday night I was doing great on my clean eating diet. Then we had a cookout. I BLEW IT!! I mean I crashed and burned baby. I even bought chicken to grill and a sweet potato but still ate a dang hamburger AND a hotdog!! I just let myself get too hungry and I didn't plan on the temptations that would be ahead of me. I gave in! I'm not going to agonize over it though, cause ain't nobody got time for that. Instead I've turned from my wicked ways and decided to P.L.A.N.



Hobo Pouches
-1 squash
-1 zucchini
-1 red or yellow bell pepper
-1 small onion
-1 package turkey sausage
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-salt/pepper
-Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning

Instructions:
Cut vegetables and sausage into desired thickness. Toss in olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic/herb seasoning. Place in foil packet and bake on 400 for 35 to 40 minutes. Easy! 

Honey Chicken Kabobs
-2 chicken breast cut into chunks
-1 onion
-1 red bell pepper
-1/4 cup honey
-1/4 cup soy sauce
-1 teaspoon minced garlic

Instructions:
Whisk together honey, soy sauce and garlic. Cut vegetables and chicken into chunks and salt/pepper. Toss veggies and chicken in honey mixture, place on skewers and grill. Flip kabobs every couple minutes for around 10 minutes. Enjoy! 



Quesa Dillas
-1 avacardo...that subway commercial cracks me up!!
-1 can black beans
-1 can green giant Mexican style corn
-1/2 rotisserie chicken shredded
-Horizon organic mozzarella shredded cheese
-Whole wheat tortillas

Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Add tortilla to medium high heat pan. Add toppings desired. Cook for several minutes or until cheese is melted. Fold and serve...yummy!! 
Friday I was a little too excited and weighed in prematurely BUT I was down 3.2 pounds. This morning I was down another .8 pounds for a total of 4 pounds gone since last Wednesday. That's more than I've lost in the past 3 weeks!! Gotta keep up the clean eating and hard work but most importantly plan, plan, plan!!
Down 32.4 pounds…eek!!!
Shirt-TJ Maxx
Earrings-Banana Republic
Scarf-too old to remember 

No comments:

Post a Comment