Thursday, October 24, 2013

#TBT You Suck!!

Who in the heck started throwback Thursday? Whoever you are I just want to say...
You Suck!! 
Every time Thursday rolls around I have mixed emotions. My #tbt pics bring back happy memories PLUS sad memories. I look at myself when I was 274 pounds and think, “How did I let myself get like that? “ I feel embarrassed and ashamed, but proud of how far I've come, all at the same time. Then I see pictures from my wedding, our first couple years of marriage and think, “Wow, I looked great!” I remember the feeling of happiness from purely being able to be myself for the first time ever. Then, every glorious Thursday, I long for that feeling again. Sigh.
2009ish-Hospice Benefit Ball 
May 29th 2010 with my sweet maid
of honor Kristen before the wedding
My Taddies has loved me big, small
and everything in between. In her
little eyes I am the perfect big sissy! 
Right now I am working my bootie off but I am stuck right in the middle. I’m not the 164 pounds I was at one time, but I’m for sure not the 274 pounder I was either. I feel "okay" with myself but I wouldn’t call it comfortable. I’m no longer ashamed of myself but I’m not proud of myself either. 
I want to feel PROUD!! 
I want to look back and smile because I am in the best shape I’ve ever been in not then but...NOW!! 

Am I the only human who over thinks throwback Thursday?!?! Guess I just need to keep on a truckin and maybe I can talk everybody into changing it to #todaybabytoday!

No comments:

Post a Comment