Friday, December 27, 2013

Breakfast Nook Redo

Only gonna pop in for just a minute to show you guys what I've been up to today. We are leaving in the morning for Griffin, GA to visit Chris's Dad, Step Mom and Sister for a late Christmas. Then Sunday we are headed to Atlanta for our annual New Year's trip with all of our best friends from college. It's going to be fun but I'm no where near ready for the holiday season to be over.

So here's what I've been up to today...
Our breakfast nook has been empty for quite a while. Every table I've found has either been too big for the space, too expensive or just not the right style. After looking for months I finally hit the jack pot. I found a glass top table with two chairs for $98 bucks!! After lunch at Subway with the hubs, he came and helped me load it all up at Corner Market in downtown Blackshear, GA. I LOVE this place, (to read my post about Corner Market click HERE) but you have to catch them at just the right time. Especially if you're looking for something specific. Apparently today the time was just right, because the whole dang set is now mine my pretty!! 

How I Found the Table and Got it Home...
It's under there somewhere 

I kinda tricked Chris into helping me. After we ate lunch I got him to go "look" at the table with me before he went back to work. It's only taken me 4 years of marriage to acquire those skills! Hey don't judge me, how else was I going to get all that home in my tiny 2 door car?! 
The Breakfast Nook BEFORE...

Recovering the Cushions...
Hey Boys I can use power tools too!

Remove cushions, cut material leaving at least 3 inches extra all the way around, fold material under for a clean look, pull tight and staple. I cut the corners off and it made the process easier. 
All done...took about 30 minutes per cushion
Chair BEFORE-
Not bad but a little bland 
Chair AFTER-
Funky, colorful and fun
Material was left over from a project I did years ago. Glad I kept it!  

The Breakfast Nook AFTER...
Rug came from TJ Maxx last week. I measured to make sure the table would fit on it before I went table/chair hunting. I LOVE it! It looks like a Pottery Barn rug to me.
The space is small but the glass top makes the table not seem bulky. I musta heard someone on HGTV say that!! haha 

Think it turned out looking quite nice folks. Especially for $98!!

Wish me luck packing. We will be gone for 5 days and my instructions were to pack light...is there such a thing?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment