Thursday, December 26, 2013

Weigh in Thursday??

Poor Weigh in Wednesday, he (or she? heshe?) always gets skipped or looked over here lately. I'm a little scattered sometimes, but I suwannee I know what day of the week it is. I just can't seem to get my days lined up. Oh well, whatever, so weigh in Thursday it is...
Down 2.4 pounds this week for a total of 47.8 G.O.N.E. I finally painted my hobbit toes too...it's a Christmas miracle!!!
Seeing this pop up when I entered my new weight into "MyFitnessPal" made me scream louder than an A&E producer being told he had to grow a beard   

The scale pic was actually taken on Tuesday, Christmas Eve. I took it before heading to my Granny and Papa's house on purpose. I knew, that night and Christmas day at my parents, I was going to splurge a little. I wanted to enjoy myself but also keep myself motivated and in check during my "off days." Thinking about what I weigh now versus 6 months ago made all the goodies and yumminess not quite as tempting. 
I was able to wear my favorite size 13/14 ripped jeans for the first time in about 2 years on Christmas Eve. It's taken 6 months, a-whole-lotta 5am workouts and self control to get back in them. 

Let me just tell ya'll my Granny makes the BEST Christmas cookies around. Ever since I was a little girl she has always made at least 50 christmas shaped sugar cookies on Christmas Eve. The grandkids all sit at the table and decorate them with paint brushes using different colors of icing. We all laugh and make fun of how ugly the other ones cookies are. It's a tradition and you HAVE to eat at least one, and double dip your brush after licking it when Granny isn't watching. It's just not Christmas if you don't. Usually I eat, ummm like 5 or 6 of them, and they are BIG cookies. I mean like the size of your hand big. This year, however, I am happy to report that I only ate ONE gingerbread shaped sugar cookie decorated with chocolate icing. I literally think that was the best cookie I've ever put in my mouth. 
The annual cookie decorating team-
Sarah, KK, Taddies, Me and Andy
Sarah's Daddy, Cayden's Mommy and Andy's Daddy are my Mom's siblings.  
I'm the oldest grandchild out of 10. Could you imagine all the presents I would get if it were still just me?!?! It was good being queen those first 3 years of life. 

Here's the thing. When I don't gorge myself, the experience of something I really want is so much better! I'm finally to a point where I don't live to eat. I eat to live. I enjoy food but it's not all I think about every waking minute. People are finally starting to notice that I've lost weight too. So when we eat together they will say things like, "Oh you can't have that" or "Can you eat here?" My response, "I eat normal food, I just watch my portion size."

Maybe one day I'll get to a point where I want to try the clean eating thing again. For now, I truly am enjoying eating normal food. That's sounds nuts but I am. If we go to Zaxby's I get a kids meal. If we have a pot luck after church, I put a tiny spoonful of what I want on my plate. The key is that I stop and I control the amount I eat. Is it hard? Yes!!! Extremely!!! BUT I feel proud of myself afterwards, and I don't feel deprived, because I ate something I wanted. 

Looking into the future the hubs and I want to have a baby, truth be told I want three babies! I love having a big family and I think Chris and I will be great parents, but guys I don't want for my kids to experience the same issues I've had with food. Children watch everything you do...everything!! So, I want to be a positive example for them, and honestly, it terrifies me. I could easily go back to my old ways. I've done it before! It's insane to say you'll never have cake or pizza. You will! It's all about self control and all I can do is pray for more and more each day. 

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you lost weight in the middle of a holiday! You rock!!

    Your attitude about diet and healthy eating is awesome btw. I worry about what and how I'll teach my children too. Modeling a healthy attitude about treats in moderation is a great way to teach them. I marvel at people who can balance. I'm such a binger that sometimes I think it's easier to avoid the foods altogether. But then that can be miserable too. Do you count calories at all or just control your portions?

    ReplyDelete