Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Cute Clothes for Every Size

I think one of the most frustrating things about being overweight is trying to find cute clothes. For some reason clothing companies think if you are over a size 12 you want to wear moo moo's or grandma clothes. I remember so many times going shopping with my friends and
walking in those "normal" stores, only to find that the biggest size didn't fit. It was discouraging and embarrassing.

One particular time I remember going to Victoria's Secret. We all got measured for a bra. The largest size they carried was a 38DD. I measured a 42D. I was humiliated, and sat in the dressing room with tears in my eyes until I could get myself together. I didn't want for my friends to see me like that, but even more I didn't want to tell them the reason I was upset. It makes me sad to think that a fun day with the girls is stored in my brain like that.

When I first started this journey I was to the point where my 18W pants wouldn't even zip. I refused to buy bigger clothes and got by with stretchy skirts, elastic waist band pants and leggings. At 236.4 pounds I was probably in a 22. I just didn't want to admit it. After months of hard work I am finally out of the 200's and in the 190's. This week I took down a stack of size 16 clothes from the top of the closet. I know I still have a long way to go, but when I put those black size 16 slacks on this morning for work I felt like I was in a 5!! 
I wore a sleeveless dress to my
cousin's wedding this past weekend.
It's the first time in over a year I
actually felt comfortable
showing my arms. The dress

is a size 16 and hasn't
fit in a VERY long time!!

I LOVE clothes and I really LOVE these websites!! They cater to all sizes and have such cute clothes at reasonable prices. 
I ordered this romper (size 1X) and both pair of 
leggings from FOREVER21 this weekend. I 
am going to wear  the romper, cowgirl 
boots and the turquoise leggings on New 
Year's Eve to see Florida Georgia Line 
in Atlanta with my besties...can't wait!!
Romper $22.80, Leggings $6.80
The girl in the middle (Becka) is the owner of
Kiki La Rue. She was miserable at her job and
started the  company all by herself. She also
writes a blog called www.busybecka.com. I
follow her on Instagram (shopkikilarue)
because she always shows you how
to style the pieces on her site. 
 
Entourage has always been one of my
favorite stores. Statesboro, GA home of
the GSU Eagles recently got one.
Thank goodness it wasn't there when
I was in college!! I also follow the store
on Instagram (shopentourageclothing).
Locations Include:
Athens, Clemson, Statesboro,
Kennesaw and Carrollton. 
Have fun shopping gals...no matter what size you are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment