Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Getting REmotivated

Truth be told I haven't been very motivated, for ummm let's say, the past three weeks. I've been on an up and down "fluctuating between a few pounds" plateau. Not sure why but all of my motivation vanished. Well that's a lie, I do know why.
1. Clean eating was MUCH harder than I thought it was going to be and I was only able to stick with it for a week.
2. I worked so hard to lose 30 pounds but I still feel as if I'm always the fattest person in the room wherever I go.
3. I'm simply not trying!
I know if I keep pushing forward, and keep working my tooshie off, that I will reach my goal. BUT the weight loss process can be rewarding and frustrating all at the same time. Why does it not come off faster? Why do I still have a muffin top? Why do some people not have this problem? Sigh. I need to take a breather and chill because this all stems from one thing...

I feel sorry for myself!!

AND...that's just not going to do. I can blame not losing weight on a million things but the only person who can motivate me is ME! I absolutely believe that 99% of weight loss is a mind thing. If I believe I can lose weight I WILL. If I believe I can get up at 4:30 and be at the gym by 5AM I WILL. If I believe I can cut my portion sizes down I WILL. It's all in the MIND!! 
Left-1st GSU game of the Season
Right-Saturday
Why the heck am I 10 pounds lighter
and still look the same?!?! My cheeks feel like 

that dog droopy. Looking at this
comparison I felt so mad at myself for not making
as much progress as I thought I should have.

But then... 
Saturday at the game all of the girls were given
a bracelet made out of John's ties. John was our
dear friend who passed away from a brain tumor.
His sweet Mama made these for us. My
pettiness doesn't compare to losing a child
and I felt silly for even once feeling
sorry for myself. 
The Besties and Mrs. Joy (John's Mother)
When I lost 110 pounds I had people ask me all the time how I got motivated. 
My answer...
I hit rock bottom and I wanted so badly to lose weight that nothing was going to stop me. Period! I've got to get back in that mind set because losing weight is a DAILY struggle. BUT each time you do something to better yourself you want to do something else to go along
with it. No one starts a lifestyle change and ends up being the bikini model they dream of in a week. It takes work! Lots and lots of work! And lots of no "thank you's" while everyone else chows down. That's just the way it is.

As my mama has always said, "It's time to buck up sister girl!!" 
No more feeling sorry for myself!! I CAN and WILL do this!! 
Plaid Shirt-Old Navy
Jean Jacket-Old Navy
Red Skinnies-Cato
Ugg Boots-Online I think 

No comments:

Post a Comment