Friday, November 15, 2013

Our Love Story (Part 3)

Before Delta X-mas we went on a double date with friends to Ruby Tuesday. Like a gentlemen, Chris opened doors, pulled the chair out and paid for my meal. He also kept us laughing the entire time, which is one of the biggest reasons I fell for him. He always made me smile. Around 9 we left the restaurant and headed to the party. On the way there I kept getting more and more nervous. I had never been to a fraternity party, much less one of their big events. I was so worried I was going to feel out of place and not fit in. 

When we arrived I was overwhelmed at the number of people. Chris was the "big dawg" being president, but surprisingly he never left my side. In the back of my mind I thought, "Why in the world did he ask me to this? Is this for real or am I about to get my heart broken? Does he know he could have gotten someone much prettier and skinner to go to this with him?" BUT, regardless of my crazy thoughts, the night was so much fun. We danced, Chris introduced me to his friends and around 2 in the morning pledges took us back to his place. 
ALWAYS the jokester!!
Go ahead and ask. I know what you're thinking.  Did you stay the night? NO, I didn't stay the night. Chris has always been a true gentleman, and after hanging out for a while he took me back to my apartment. Now, don't think I'm trying to be all "holier than thou" because I wanted to stay...really, really bad wanted to stay!! AND...when Chris dropped me off I laid in bed all night thinking about him. BUT...looking back I'm so glad I went home. I guess for a 19 and 21 year old we both made a pretty good decision that night. 
Rookes, Chris and Pete-
Fraternity brothers back then 
and still best friends today

The next week Chris and I were so busy studying for finals we really had only gotten to see one another at work, or when we ran into each other at the library. So, while on the playground one day, I sent him a note and asked if he would like to come to my “forget about finals” party Friday night. In true CJ fashion there was even a check yes or no section. He sent the note back checked yes and, of course, I was beyond excited.

That week felt like the longest week of my life waiting for Friday night to get there. It also seemed so much harder to keep focused while studying with “him” constantly on my mind. BUT Friday finally came and finals finally ended. When Chris walked in the door of my party I got the biggest smile on my face. I may have even swooned a little when he looked at me with those big brown eyes and that half smirk smile. How he could do that without even saying anything was beyond me?!

We played card games, and mingled for a while, but it wasn’t long and an entire 4-runner full of us decided to go dirt road riding. That's good ole Statesboro, GA for ya! Chris and I crammed into the very back, not even sitting in a seat because the vehicle was so full. Regardless of being cramped we were oblivious to everyone else in the car and our very first true kiss happened right there. We finally realized everyone was watching us when we heard, "Awwwwwwww look at them." All I knew was that I was crazy about him and I could have cared less who was watching.

By the end of the night I officially became Chris Jacobs’ girlfriend. Every minute after that literally flew by and in the back of my mind I knew that only one thing could mess all of this up. Graduation!!

Would we stay together? Would he want to stay together?

To be continued...




No comments:

Post a Comment