Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Our Love Story (Part 2)

First read Part 1 by clicking HERE

The next couple weeks flew by. I realized, first and formost, that "the jerk at work" was actually not a jerk at all. It finally hit me, that was his way of getting to talk to me and he was actually really sweet, hilarious and super smart. I was smitten! 

If my first graders were in the computer lab, it wasn't long and here came his second graders to the computer lab. If we were on the playground, it was't long and here came Mr.Chris's group to the playground too. He liked me!! He really liked me!! In return, I made every effort to look my best at work. I mean, who washes and fixes their hair before going to play with kids all afternoon? Me!! Because I was head over heels and we hadn't even been on a date, not yet anyway.

One afternoon my kids were playing in the gym. I waited and waited but Mr. Chris's group never came. I got a little discouraged and thought, "Well maybe I was wrong, he probably is just being nice to me at work, and nothing will ever come of this." About that time a little second grader walked in the gym and handed me a folded up piece of paper and a crayon. I opened the note and it said, "Miss Kelly will you go to Delta X-mas with me? Check yes or no. Mr. Chris." I checked yes so fast I thought the crayon was going to snap in two. Then I sent the note back with the little girl.

In a few minutes a group of second graders and a tall, broad shouldered Chris Jacobs with curls from under his hat came walking into the gym with the biggest smile on his face. My heart fluttered and I was smiling so big back at him I had to look down because I was a little embarrassed. 

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment