Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday-Halfway There


Last Wednesday I didn’t do a Weigh In Wednesday post. I was only down .5, and I was irritated to say the least. Over the holidays, and during our news years trip, I watched EVERYTHING I ate. I even turned down Sparky’s (Hubs Nanny) peanut butter fudge. Instead I settled for a mere taste…and dangit it’s my FAVORITE!! But sometimes, even when you think you've done everything right, that crap happens. It’s completely NORMAL but, let's face it, it still ticks you off. Think about it like this though. What if I hadn’t watched what I ate over the holidays? I would probably be several, if not 5-7 pounds heavier. When you work your butt off for an entire week, and lose 2 pounds, the “fudge” wasn't worth having to get the same pounds off again anyway.

This morning was my moment of truth. I’ve been back on my normal schedule and we have been eating at home. I had nothing, and no one, to blame if I didn’t lose weight. I had my fingers and toes crossed when I got on the scale. AND I was DOWN…
4.2 pounds for a total of 52 pounds GONE!!

I can’t believe I finally hit the 50 pound mark. Back in July that did NOT seem possible. There have been so many days I just wanted to give up. There have been days I thought, “I’m just always going to be fat, end of story” Ya’ll if I can do it you can too!! I’m just a normal girl, that lives a normal life, in a small town. I’m not athletic and until I graduated from college I had never stepped foot in a gym more than twice. 

Has it been hard? YES, especially the first couple months. Have I had days I wanted to “start tomorrow”? YES, but I just pushed through. I’m not perfect and I actually had about a month where I didn’t lose more than 3 pounds. Keep going!! I promise you it will be worth it. Take it from a girl that wore a size 22 in July 2013 and is now proud to be wearing a size 14 in January 2014.
Left-July 2013 at 236 pounds and a size 22
Right-January 2014 at 184 pounds and a size 14
(I am 5'9" and wear a 9 1/2 shoe)
Yay...I can no longer see my cheeks when I smile!! 
My journey isn’t over. I’ve still got about 40 more pounds I’d like to lose. Even if I’m able to reach that goal, I know that being healthy and managing my weight is life long. I’m happy to finally be released from the burden of thinking about food nonstop and letting it control my life. I never want to go back to that. I want to continue being able to walk in a room with my head held high for once in my life and confidence, not pride or vanity, just confidence. 

Even though I’m down 50 pounds, now more than ever is when I need to beg God to continue helping me and praise him for being with me every step of the way. There's no way I could have done this alone. 

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. John 15:7


1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!! Congrats on the 50# mark! I started my weight loss journey on the 2nd, and one my goals is to lose 30# by my 30th birthday in July, and 50# by this time next year! I've just found your blog and IG, but I'm looking forward to reading your story, drawing inspiration, and learning new recipes from it! Congrats again!

    www.heavycupcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete