Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tasty Tuesday-SKINNY Lasagna Recipe

I ain't even gonna lie. Stouffer's makes the BEST dang lasagna around. Homemade... ughhhh, ummmm, well, I mean, it's alright. The good stuff comes in a red box and is frozen son!! And don't even act all like, "That's so bad for you. Do you know how many preservatives and calories are packed in one serving?!" Yes, yes I do!! That's why it's so good!! Duh!! 

BUT, and I never thought I'd say this, there may be one small problem with the love of my life...
With every bite of goodness I might (MIGHT) just be able to feel my hips getting wider and my bootie sagging to the backs of my legs. Is it worth it?? Ummmmmm...Sorry, Sorry!! Of course it's not! But if it's okay, I would just like to say...
The day I find out that I have limited time on this Earth I am going to eat Stouffer's lasagna, Chick-fil-a milkshakes and Sonic cheeseburgers until I BARF. 

For now? For now, I've found an alternative that is REALLY good, not as amazingly delicious as my droopy bootie Stouffer's, but not too far from it...I PROMISE!! Even my man child loves it...
Ya know what's better than Stouffer's lasagna?? NOT MUCH!! JK...
Getting to wear a blazer, slacks and undershirt today that I haven't been able to wear in  YEARS!! Oh, and my Michael Jackson shoes...that I LOVE!!!
Blazer-TJ Maxx
Mint Green Undershirt-Old Navy
Initial Necklace-Etsy
Bracelet-Charming Charlie
Earrings-Forever 21
MJ Shoes-Target


Skinny Lasagna

Ingredients:
*1 cup shredded mozzarella (plus 1 cup set aside for topping)
*1/3 cup shredded parmesan
*15 oz. container low fat ricotta cheese
*1 pack oven ready lasagna noodles
*24 oz. jar Prego Italian sauce flavored with meat
*1 egg
*10 oz. pack frozen chopped spinach
*2 teaspoons dry minced garlic
*2 teaspoons onion powder
*1 teaspoon salt
*1/2 teaspoon pepper (or more if desired)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Place frozen spinach in colander under running water until thawed. SQUEEZE ALL the water out with your hands!!


3. Mix spinach with all ingredients above EXCEPT the noodles and mozzarella set aside for topping.


4. Pour a very thin layer of Prego sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish to prevent sticking.


5. Begin layering ingredients...
-noodles
-filling
-sauce
*repeat until filling is gone


6. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese set aside over top. Cover with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and finish baking for 5 minutes or until top is hot and bubbly. Enjoy! 
Make sure to SQUEEZE all the water out so your lasagna isn't runny!!

Here's the magic...
The garlic and onion powder make it!!

These make it EASY because you don't have to boil them. Worth every. lazy. penny!! 
Offset noodles as you stack each layer so there aren't gaps.
I had this in the oven in less than 10 minutes...Not kidding!! Baking is the only thing that takes a little time. 
Yummy...AND full of flavor!!
1 cup of Stouffer's=675 calories
1 cup of Mine=around 280 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment