Tuesday, January 28, 2014

SKINNY Tropical Fruit Smoothie Recipe

This morning I got up and made a smoothie, and toast with apple butter, before heading to work. Now hold on a minute. Don't go thinking, she's "one of those". One of those people who gets up super early, saves baby pandas, cooks breakfast and works out before the rest of the world is awake. 
I'm NOT!! 
I'll even be honest enough to tell you that during the month of January I haven't worked out once. Not ONCE!! When my gym membership ran out at the first of the year I didn't renew it. Sad? Ummmm...yeah. BUT ya know what? It's true. 

I am farrrrrrrr from being perfect. AND...I'm okay with that. I plan on getting back in my workout routine SOON. I am NOT beating myself up about it or giving up. I'll just start taking baby steps. 

Step 1-
Start getting up 10 minutes earlier to sit and eat breakfast. 

Step 1...Accomplished!! 

SKINNY TROPICAL FRUIT SMOOTHIE

Ingredients:
-1 cup frozen tropical fruit 
-3/4 to 1 cup non sweetened original 30 calorie almond milk 
-Splenda or Truvia to taste 

Instructions:
Blend all above ingredients until smooth. That's it!! 

I'm not even kidding. It's literally that easy and you can substitute the tropical fruit for any fruit of your choosing. I am in LOVE
Sorry it's so dark. I was tired boss and the lights hurt my grouchy eyes. 
Ninja=best thing I ever bought!!
Tropical Fruit Smoothie-120 Calories
It's not the prettiest color but it was delicious!!  And it took me all of a couple minutes to make. 
I made this smoothie last week but used peaches and fat free milk...yummmmmmy!!
Last but not least, my new FAVS...
Apple butter and PB2 with Chocolate 
I put a tiny bit of extra water in the PB2 with chocolate so it's thinner. Then, I use it as a dip for fruit or spread it on toast. I was skeptical at first, but the chocolate kind is just as good, if not better, than the original. AND...only 45 calories for 2 tbsp. 


Guess It's Time for Step 2...

Start walking on the FREE treadmill, in my back bedroom my Mom gave me, for 30 minutes 3-4 times a week! 

It stinks starting over when a month ago I could workout hard for an hour straight. BUT...I keep telling myself
--baby steps, baby steps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment