Monday, January 27, 2014

Baby Maverick's Mustache Bash

Y'alI. I suwannee!! The last couple of weeks have been BIZ-E!! I mean like not even enough time to take a selfie busy. Every single...Night. Day. Hour. Second. I have had somewhere to go, or something to do. Today, all I've wanted is just to come home, sit on the couch, turn my phone off, get all cozy, and not move for at least an hour. (Jamie stop reading and skip to paragraph 2!!) How do all of you with kids do it?? I'm terrified!! Excited, but terrified!! Holy crap!! 

Anyway, enough of all my whining, let me show you pics of the precious "co-ed" baby shower I helped throw for my really good friend, Jamie, last Sunday night. She's going to have a little boy in February and is naming him Maverick. Ummmm...that is one stinkin cute and cool name!! LOVE it!! 
First the Mommy and Daddy-
Michael and Jamie...sickening right?!?! Maverick has no choice but to be precious. 

Mustache, Checked and Aqua Material-Wal Mart
Chevron Material-Corner Market in Blackshear, GA 

I turned my dining room into a workshop for about a week. I was so nervous all of my color choices were NOT going to "mesh". I tortured the hubbie for days by asking him every five minutes, "Do you like this, what do you think? Really, what do you think?" BUT it turned out to be precious and seeing a smile on Jamie's face made it all well worth it.  
Food Tables:
In a small town you have to LOOK, and LOOK HARD, for cute finds...
Napkins, utensils, mustaches and raffia-Wal Mart 
Navy Table Cloths-borrowed
Basket-from home

The mustaches are actually "table scatter" decorations. I just hot glued them.
 
Frames-Dollar Tree
Burlap-Hobby Lobby...no we don't have one :o(
Small mason jars-filled halfway with epsom salt and tea light candle on topMustache Toothpicks-Wal Mart

I stalked Jamie on Facebook and printed maternity pics of she and Michael. I then framed them and placed them throughout the runner/burlap/grass on the food tables. Decorating a social hall is difficult because it's such a large space. We had 3 tables just for food. 
Centerpiece 
Grass-Dollar Tree
Candles/Jars-from home
Red tin-from home

Stand-actually goes to a bowl and is just sitting underneath 
Just to add some color throughout, Twizzlers in mason jars...
my FAV. OR. ITE candy   
Cake and Punch Tables: 
Straws/Cups-Wal Mart 
Gift Tables: 
Name-
I printed Maverick's name, then cut the center of paper plates out, before connecting each letter with raffia.
Runners-
The mustache burlap runners were so easy to make. Just cut to desired length/width and fray.
Board-
I covered a piece of wood with fabric, cut/backed pictures and used clothes pins I hot glued as clips.
Red Backdrop-
I hot glued 3 plastic table cloths to a shower curtain rod, tied fishing line to the ends, and secured it to the ceiling with "Drop Ceiling" clips from Lowes. Every teacher NEEDS to invest in these clips!!! They are in the ceiling tile section. 
I made the Mommy/Daddy signs with burlap glued to poster board, hand cut letters and raffia.  
Other Decorations: 
These pears are normally in my dining room, on the buffet, with straw and birds inside. I just decorated them up by cutting out polka dots from paper plates
I wrapped 45 silverware sets and only had 5 or 6 left. Jamie and Michael got lots of precious/useful gifts AND even the men folk seemed to have a great time. Only one thing left now...
Baby Maverick get here SOON!!


2 comments:

  1. You are so doing Sarah and Bryants wedding reception:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'alI. I suwannee!! The last couple of weeks have been BIZ-E!! I mean like not even enough time to take a selfie busy.
    Triple and strong scented candles
    luxury scented candles

    ReplyDelete