Thursday, January 16, 2014

#throwback #weighinwednesdays

Savannah after GSU Spring Scrimmage 2013
I remember seeing this picture of myself and literally being in shock! I knew I had gained some weight but it really didn't sink in until I had evidence. Thing is, this picture was taken around April of 2013 and I didn't decide enough was enough until JULY 2013!! Why? I would try for a couple days and give up. Restart on Monday and give up. Have a stressful day and give up. Look at myself in the mirror and give up. Everything in me wanted to be thin but I just...couldn't! 

This Wednesday I weighed in to find that I had only lost a mere 1.8 pounds. I wanted to lose soooo much more than that dang it!!! So, after stepping off the scale my wheels starting turning. I thought, "I'm sooooo tired of dieting and losing sooooo little. I might just take a break from ALL OF IT for a while." THEN...
I scrolled through the progress entries in my MyFitnessPal app. Guess what I realized?!?! The reason I am down 53.8 pounds is NOT because I took a break, was perfect all the time, or lost the exact amount I wanted to each week. No, the reason I am down 53 pounds is because I kept going!!!

When someone loses weight everyone wants to know their secrets. From an outsider looking in, it may seem like the weight just fell off of the person. Guess what?!?! Weight loss takes TIME!! Lots and lots of time, and lots and lots of perseverance. NO ONE is perfect and, I don't care how dedicated you are, there are going to be times when you just mess up!! Keep going...



 I PROMISE...it WILL be worth it!!!

2 comments:

  1. I needed to hear that today... Im losing, and I know I have to keep going, but sometimes, its so hard! Great job lady!
    www.heavycupcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're almost in the 170's!!! *jealous*

    ReplyDelete