Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tasty Tuesday-SKINNY Meatloaf, Scalloped Potatoes and Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms

Yesterday, I was HANGRY Boss!! Yep, that's right "hangry" not hungry...AKA starving male or female with a southern accent!! 
Camo is considered a "color" in Georgia-
Oh and BTW my legs touch!! It must be the way I was standing in that pic...Haha, I wish!! 

Please tell me you get like that too, because after watching, counting, measuring, imagining, dreaming, and rationing my portions sometimes I just want "real food". I mean like good ole' southern cookin that makes me feel better. Last night, I made a meal that would make Luke Bryan have to unbutton his sparkly skinny jeans. It was soooo good and hit the spot!! AND...I would like to add, that all of my dishes were "SKINNY" versions...thank you, thank you very much!! So, here ya go, but WARNING, you might start talkin with a southern drawl and wearing camo...

Meatloaf, Scalloped Potatoes and Greens Beans with Mushrooms.
OMG...It was soooo good!! Even if I was taught that bragging is rude. 
Before going in the oven...
Meatloaf-

Ingredients:
-1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef 
-5 pieces 45 calorie bread 
-1 cup almond milk 
-2 eggs
-1 tablespoon dry minced garlic
-1 teaspoon onion powder 
-2 teaspoons salt 
-1 teaspoon pepper 
-1/2 cup ketchup 

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 450. Place bread, milk, eggs and seasonings in bowl. Toss with hands and let mixture stand to soak up all liquid for 3 to 4 minutes. Mix in ground beef with hands and make into loaf shape. Place in pan and loosely cover with tin foil. Bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for 20 more minutes . Take out and add ketchup to top. Bake for additional 5 minutes.  

Scalloped Potatoes-

Ingredients:
-1 package store bought scalloped potatoes 
-30 calorie unsweetened original almond milk 
-Zero calorie spray butter 

Instructions:
Follow package instructions but substitute the milk and butter for the low cal options above. 

Roasted Green Beans and Mushrooms-

Ingredients:
-1 pack fresh green beans (rinsed)
-1 jar sliced mushrooms (rinsed) 
-Salt and pepper 
-1/2 cup parmesan cheese (FRESH shredded-I used the jar stuff because that's all I had...it was okay but didn't work as well)

Instructions:
Line pan with foil. After rinsing green beans and mushrooms, spread on pan and sprinkle with desired amount of salt/pepper while damp.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on how "done" you like them. 

ENJOY Ya'll!! 

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your posts and mentioned you on my blog today.. please don't stop blogging! and keep up the hard work, you're doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. https://penzu.com/p/c5fe9d52

    ReplyDelete