Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday & CLEAN Eating


Over the past three weeks my weight has fluctuated between 206 and 208. I am down 30 pounds but now I’m stuck there dangit!! And to be honest, it’s discouraging even though I knew it WOULD happen. It happened before when I lost down to 164 pounds. I know it’s NORMAL but, as normal as it is, it ticks me off. I thought by now I would be in the low 190’s, wearing all of my cute dresses again and no longer having a two as the first number of my weight. Sigh.

Here’s the thing…
I’ve got to stick to setting my goals and not give up. This is a big A hump in the road but I WILL get over it. Monday I set my new goals and one of them was to “eat as CLEAN as possible”. I’m thinking this will get me over my hump and on top of that make me feel better. I’ve been staying within my 1,200 calorie range but I’ve been eating the heck outta some processed foods. I LOVE fat free hotdogs, flour tortillas, ice cream and little kid cereal. Who doesn’t? BUT I guess the old saying is true “no pain, no gain”. So y’all I’m diving in head first to this Clean Eating thing. I have no clue what I’m doing or exactly what I can/can’t eat. BUT just doing it is the only way to learn. 
Last night I “researched”, okay I googled and pinterested, Clean Eating. I found some pretty cool stuff and now I pretty much get the concept. My understanding is that you cut out ALL processed/refined foods, fast food, sugar and white flour. Dear God, that’s everything I love!! You ARE, however, allowed to have fresh fruits/vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins and limited dairy products. To me the hardest part is going to be cutting out sugar. I literally eat an oatmeal cream pie everyday and I know that a McDonalds happy meal has exactly 420 calories. BUT looking at the results of clean eating makes me feel MUCH better…
These two are the coolest couple.
They have been married 6 years and are
committed to clean eating. Just visit their
website. I PROMISE it won't disappoint!!
www.heandsheeatclean.com
I’m excited about starting my Clean Eating diet and going to the grocery store after work today. That’s saying a WHOLE heck of a lot! Especially considering I go the grocery store two, or sometimes three, days a week for my culinary classes. Guess I was bored with the same ole, same ole and didn’t even realize it. I’m hoping next week when I weigh in I will have some good news to share about overing my...

Hump get it??? Because today's Hump Day...I'm so lame!!  
My Mama actually told me about this lady 
a while back. She's really neat!! She not 
only has recipes but she also has a Clean 
Eating 101with shopping lists for Trader 
Joes, Costco, Wal Mart, Amazon etc. 
Check her out at: 
www.thegraciouspantry.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment